Russian invasion of Ukraine

As commendable as taking in refugees is, it doesn't help Ukraine win the war to save their country. The German and French contributions have been pathetic.
Germany has supplied Ukraine indirectly
Other countries donated Eastern bloc military equipment the Ukrainians were familiar with and Germany replaced those donated arms

Other countries donated Eastern bloc military equipment the Ukrainians were familiar with and Germany replaced those donated arms
Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100% on this one, but I was under the impression that the tables were based on committed funding from those governments and included both direct and indirect supply.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100% on this one, but I was under the impression that the tables were based on committed funding from those governments and included both direct and indirect supply.
My own view is that the Germans should have sent more weaponry to Ukraine (and sooner) but their circumstances were different to ours. That included fuel dependency and being closer to Russian missile range.

In answer to the question, Germany has taken in 877,000 more than UK, or just more than 7 times as many.

from

CountryAs of dateNumber of refugees
Russia10/3/222,852,395
Poland11/8/221,489,155
Germany11/8/221,019,789
Czechia11/8/22458,679
Italy10/31/22171,546
Spain11/7/22151,786
Turkey5/19/22145,000
United Kingdom11/8/22143,100
France10/31/22118,994
Slovakia11/8/22100,041
Moldova11/8/2295,928
Don't think we should be counting Russia, they're more captives and trafficked humans than they are refugees.

Except they haven’t really.

In defence of Germany they don’t have huge stockpiles themselves and simply aren’t prepared to put the German economy on a war footing to build up these weapons to send - no more than the UK is. They’ve not helped themselves with policy and action being mired in confusion and miscommunication and it’s left them vulnerable to accusations of being slow or not doing enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.