Russian invasion of Ukraine

No matter what, if Russia has shot missiles that landed on NATO land and killed citizens, there is no option but to retaliate.

As a bare minimum NATO should push any Russian missile system beyond range of its borders.

If we don’t draw the line here, then where does it stop?

This is a daily occurrence in Ukraine though and I find it incredibly cowardly that countries like ours, France, USA, Germany etc haven’t already sent troops into Ukraine to defend its citizens.
It depends if it was done intentionally or not

No matter what, if Russia has shot missiles that landed on NATO land and killed citizens, there is no option but to retaliate.

As a bare minimum NATO should push any Russian missile system beyond range of its borders.

This is a daily occurrence in Ukraine though and I find it incredibly cowardly that countries like ours, France, USA, Germany etc haven’t already sent troops into Ukraine to defend its citizens.

This is exactly why you’d never be in charge though. You’re describing events which are a direct war between NATO and Russia. This is World War 3.

It depends if it was done intentionally or not

I think the most “extreme” response will be NATO saying it will be shooting down any missile that comes within X km of a nato border to protect the safety of its member nations.

I think The war is currently going very well for everyone not involved. Ukraine are steadily winning, pushing Russia out at a rate which isn’t so fast as to push the Kremlin into making quick (and bad for everyone) decisions. Winter should slow things up as well.

I suspect the US/NATO/EU/UK won’t do anything that disturbs the way things are going.

Another important factor - Russia are also down to their last 100 Iskander missiles (they were firing 25 a day in March) so realistically while Putin keeps responding to Ukrainian victories with massive missile barrages (bridge, now Kherson) the threat to Ukrainian and NATO civilians is rapidly decreasing. Soon they will literally run out of missiles.

I think the most “extreme” response will be NATO saying it will be shooting down any missile that comes within X km of a nato border to protect the safety of its member nations.

I think The war is currently going very well for everyone not involved. Ukraine are steadily winning, pushing Russia out at a rate which isn’t so fast as to push the Kremlin into making quick (and bad for everyone) decisions.

I suspect the US/NATO/EU/UK won’t do anything that disturbs the way things are going.

Yep. I don’t think either side would be happy that this has happened. Some in Ukraine might be but it’s a very fine line NATO and the others have to tread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.