Russian invasion of Ukraine

How unlucky were they? Just ploughing your field or whatever they were doing and a random cruise missile kills you.

Insane really, same when them poor souls onboard MH17 were murdered. The people who use these weapons don't give two fucks about mistakes or bad Intel there is no punishment.

God knows much money it cost russia to fire them missiles today but they were not value for money, just using them to terror civilians they know won't bend the knee. Cowards.

Russia does not want NATO in its back yard. Zelensky is a prick by wanting to join NATO. Look at what America did to Vietnam for decades for wanting to become communist/follow Russia. Look at the sanctions still against Cuba for having non free market ideals. Look at what America does with countries in central and southern America when they don’t follow American values, for example Venezuela. Not a fan of Russia but if Canada invited Russian military and presence how would America have reacted. Probably 100 times worse than Russian reaction. In the long Russia will lose this war, particularly as it can’t compete with the backing Ukraine is getting. Zelensky aborts brown nosing America and this NATO wannabe pact the war is over.
Russia already HAS NATO in it's backyard. It borders Latvia, Norway, Finland, Lithuania and Poland around Kaliningrad. What the hell has United States past foreign policy have to do with Russia's invasion of Ukraine? NATO is not just the United States, but 30 total members.

Zelensky is not a prick for wanting to join NATO; by Ukraine joining NATO Russia knows it's chances of invading in the future are non-existant as that is a battle Russia could not win by any means. I'm guessing you know this too and it upsets you, hence your weird American rhetoric.

Last edited:
Russia already HAS NATO in it's backyard. It borders Latvia, Finland, Lithuania and Poland around Kaliningrad. What the hell has United States past foreign policy have to do with Russia's invasion of Ukraine? NATO is not just the United States, but 30 total members.

Zelensky is not a prick for wanting to join NATO; by Ukraine joining NATO Russia knows it's chances of invading in the future are non-existant as that is a battle Russia could not win by any means. I'm guessing you know this too and it upsets you, hence your weird American rhetoric.
You can sort of see why it might annoy you a bit if your enemy (NATO) suddenly pitches up as your next door neighbour. I get the annoyance but rather than move with the times and actually become part of the new world, they chose to take a route that is 80 years old and decided on extreme violence instead. I understand why Russia is the way it is to a degree after the world wars but they have chosen completely the wrong path here and what they are getting now is their own fault for allowing one man to have so much power for so long. Unfortunately China are following a similar path and that is a big concern to the military here particularly.

You can sort of see why it might annoy you a bit if your enemy (NATO) suddenly pitches up as your next door neighbour. I get the annoyance but rather than move with the times and actually become part of the new world, they chose to take a route that is 80 years old and decided on extreme violence instead. I understand why Russia is the way it is to a degree after the world wars but they have chosen completely the wrong path here and what they are getting now is their own fault for allowing one man to have so much power for so long. Unfortunately China are following a similar path and that is a big concern to the military here particularly.
NATO is defensive pact. It would only “annoy you” if you had plans to invade those countries and return to a greater Russian Empire, which is exactly what Putin is on record as wanting. Funny that.

My neighbour annoys me a bit sometimes by doing housework earlier than I'd like, but I don't put his windows through, hit his wife and drop a big one on his doorstep. If he's being reasonable and I just would prefer otherwise then I suck it up, or if he's being unreasonable I go around for a chat and we sort things out on friendly terms. You can't control someone else's life unless they are stepping completely beyond the bounds of what is acceptable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.