Russian invasion of Ukraine

Surely nobody doubts that in any war, let alone one on this scale, crimes will be committed by all sides.

The difference here is that crime has been used as a deliberate and systematic strategy by the Russian side. Execution of prisoners, torture of opponents and civilians, targeting of civilian populations, destruction of civilian infrastructure.

There seems to be no reports whatever of anything of this scale or systematic nature from Ukraine.

Whilst I completely agree with that, there wouldn’t be similar levels of reports even if it was happening. Think Ukraine have also been brilliant in their comms as well right since the beginning across the whole spectrum.

I prefer not to comment on a public forum, if that's OK.
My cruise in June 2022 was scheduled for 2 days in St. Petersburg which I was looking forward to having been twice before. I have great sympathy for everybody there who has lost out through the non-arrival of the cruise ships. Hope you are keeping well.

TBH pal, sure they've got more important things to focus on other than a few missing tourists.
Last time I was there our guide was putting her daughter through university with the money she was making especially the tips. Also the “few” is actually thousands per day in the holiday season.

American's have done it about the Vietnam war for decades.

It's a very effective tactic.
I can think of at least a couple of films that have shown America's involvement in that war in a somewhat less than edifying light
For all their faults they are not quite at the level of Putin's present day Russia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.