Russian invasion of Ukraine

You've got to laugh - German Greens putting pressure to send military equipment to Ukraine and the far right opposed to it, pretty much tells us all we need to know about the ideology of this war.

To be fair though the Italian PM is the only right wing politician I know of that is in Zelensky's corner and has ramped up deliveries and humanitarian support since being recently elected.

If that data is correct and the German contribution to the EU institutions is proportionate to its GDP compared to the overall EU GDP, then Germany are way ahead of us when you add a quarter of the EU contribution to the independent German contribution.
Spread the EU amount between nations based on GDP and the German numbers are 70% of ours. They should be 125% as they are a much bigger economy. Major improvement over the last month though which is very promising.
As to France though, shocking.

Last edited:
You've got to laugh - German Greens putting pressure to send military equipment to Ukraine and the far right opposed to it, pretty much tells us all we need to know about the ideology of this war.

To be fair though the Italian PM is the only right wing politician I know of that is in Zelensky's corner and has ramped up deliveries and humanitarian support since being recently elected.

I think there is a clear distinction between traditional right wing types, who would be well up for this war, and Russian influence via right wing western politicians who are against this war for no valid reason. Its frightening how far the pro Russia views are spread through social media and useful idiots. The likes of Musk and Trump with such power yet so clearly manipulated. Either via illicit back channel support or simple stupidity or both. Right wing politics right now is in a very dangerous place, a chaotic mess but also so easily corrupted and willing to use corruption, violence and blatant lying to pursue their goals.

As it stands if the war were to end today Russia needs to fuck off back to Russia and promise not to be naughty again. That’s never going to happen. Russia have gone balls-deep into this war and there’s no way they’re pulling out any time soon. As other Mooners have said it’s only ending positively for Ukraine when and if Russia goes bankrupt and decide to throw Putin out of the nearest tenth floor hotel window. Although that can’t come soon enough it’s likely to be at least another year or two in my opinion. In the meanwhile Ukraine gets flattened but it will eventually be rebuilt better and stronger whilst Russia ends up losing about half a million men.

I expect if and when he is deposed he will be retired to his huge palace and live out his days under armed guard, with a steady supply of pole-dancing nubiles to strut their stuff in the basement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.