Russian invasion of Ukraine

Not if you can't fund your war and your population back home start to see reality. A Ukrainian soldier is worth 10x a russian malnourished dog. Boots on the ground are worthless if badly supplied and poorly led.

I accept that to a point.

The Russian population won’t make a difference. They have either bought into the Special Operation or they won’t say anything for fear of arrest, etc. Nobody is going to challenge Putin and his authority. He will remain President of Russia until he dies or steps aside for another one of his chosen hardliners, which he will have a massive say in.

Families of the soldiers already killed or missing have accepted their heroic loss as part of the war. A Ukrainian soldier is worth 100 Russian conscript soldiers. But Putin and Russia can thrown another 100 Russian Soldiers at the Ukrainian soldier until they kill him.

Families of the soldiers already killed or missing have accepted their heroic loss as part of the war. A Ukrainian soldier is worth 100 Russian conscript soldiers. But Putin and Russia can thrown another 100 Russian Soldiers at the Ukrainian soldier until they kill him.
That is simply not correct, mathematically speaking. The (ageing) population of Russia is just over three times that of Ukraine, not 100.

The Russian population won’t make a difference. They have either bought into the Special Operation or they won’t say anything for fear of arrest, etc. Nobody is going to challenge Putin and his authority. He will remain President of Russia until he dies or steps aside for another one of his chosen hardliners, which he will have a massive say in.

I think modern weaponry has advanced so much that men on the ground are irrelevant and extremely vulnerable especially untrained ill disciplined conscripts . If the west start ramping up high tech hardware to Ukraine it will be impossible to take.

I think modern weaponry has advanced so much that men on the ground are irrelevant and extremely vulnerable especially untrained ill disciplined conscripts . If the west start ramping up high tech hardware to Ukraine it will be impossible to take.
I wouldn’t say it was irrelevant, but it’s certainly of diminishing importance.

It’s not just about numbers, though, and their numerical advantage hasn’t helped them since the spring. Why is sending a load more of conscripts going to suddenly change the direction of travel. It’s also about weaponry and motivation, as well as numbers, both of which Ukraine has a palpable advantage in.

Russia cannot and will not win this war.

If the rumours are true about another 500,000 conscripts being prepared for a spring offensive, that’s 800,000 conscripts. I agree, the Russian army has failed, but it will always have the numbers to regroup and to keep on fighting. Like the Chinese army, the North Korean army, etc. The demented rulers of those 3 countries see soldiers/human beings as nothing more than expendable cannon fodder to try and win a war, no matter how many life’s are lost and how long it takes to win the war.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Putin and Russia will give in eventually due in part to the horrific loses the Russian army is continuing to take on the battlefield.(and off the battlefield economically)

In the end I can see Putin and his generals slowly exhausting Ukraines army. They will continue to mobilise men, using them as canon fodder, along side the Wagner Group, Chechen fighters, etc. He will keep on pouring enlisted men into the fight until they start making strategic gains in parts of the East and in other parts of the country. Putin won’t give in.

If the west refuses to supply Ukraine to the hilt to actually win this war, that is what will happen.
Fortunately it looks like the reluctant are finally stepping up to the plate to deliver the weaponry that Ukraine need to win this war.

It has been mentioned that the Russian population is 3 times that of Ukraine, not 100 times

I don't know the numbers but the Ukranains seem to have some female troops so that reduces the difference (until/unless Russia starts calling up women!)

Russia has also lost somewhere between 1m - 2m men of fighting age who have fled the country to avoid the draft.

Not good news if true?

Can't believe the Ukrainian army would let that happen after the strike on the Russian army the other week.

Hopefully only lies and properganda?

Russia's defence ministry said on Sunday it had killed more than 600 Ukrainian servicemen in a massive rocket strike on two buildings in eastern Ukraine temporarily housing Ukrainian forces.

Russia's defence ministry said the strike on the buildings in Kramatorsk was revenge for a deadly Ukrainian attack earlier this year on a Russian barracks in Makiivka in part of the Donetsk region controlled by Moscow's forces in which at least 89 servicemen were killed. The ministry said in a statement that it had used what it called reliable intelligence to target the Ukrainian troops. It said more than 700 Ukrainian troops had been housed in one hostel and more than 600 in another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.