Russian invasion of Ukraine

Artillery hitting a boat?? if that boat was moving thats one hell of a shot being able to extrapolate where it will be from when you fire.
Depends where the gun was located. Naval guns are same as artillery and they have that exact job. If you can see what your shooting at then I imagine it's a question of how fast the target is moving and how fast you can adjust aim and fire.

Big question is what was it doing in that bit of the river?

Depends where the gun was located. Naval guns are same as artillery and they have that exact job. If you can see what your shooting at then I imagine it's a question of how fast the target is moving and how fast you can adjust aim and fire.

Sinking :)

yeah good point, if the Artilary was on the shore and could do a bit of a direct shot then makes it a lot more likely. I had it in my head it was 15/20 mile away which would be quite the time delta between firing and landing on target.

This is a month old but I missed it. Hopefully it happens. The US Airforce is petitioning the Pentagon for permission to send the older Reaper drone stock to Ukraine, Fingers crossed this happens. would be a massive game changer.

the main reason the pentagon is against this is they dont want Russia to get hold of them even though they are old, even being old, they are way ahead of anything Russia has. It would need to be assumed this would happen if they are sent.

There are also apparently plenty of the US airforce and Pentagon who want to see how the Ukrainin's use them and how they hold up being used in ways that the US hasn't used them for.

Thunderbird 4

Good article in the FT predominantly on China's covid woes but carries a bit about their foreign policy and relation to Moscow and misgivings that we all have suspected must be circulating in their hierarchy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.