Russian invasion of Ukraine

They can loiter at long distances which the US has reservations about if they are used inside Russia. Being in the air though allows them to get a better view on the enemy and I would imagine the Hellfire missiles they come with have a better accuracy than artillery shells.

Those front lines that are going nowhere and at a stand still would be easier to hit to make a break through.

the Russia issue is apparently lower on the issues here as Ukraine has said they wouldn't do it. them falling into Russia's hands are the biggest Pentagon concern

them falling into Russia's hands are the biggest Pentagon concern
I doubt they would need to go behind the frontline much, so the chances of capturing one would be relatively low. I think training would be a bigger issue though, and could take quite some time (unless they've already been doing that), as these need "pilots" albeit on the ground.

I presume a drone could put a bomb or missile through a 6th floor window with it being almost on top of the target whereas artillery shells from 10 miles away are subject to wind, humidity and the coriolis affect

Probably could if it wasn’t for all them Russians falling out of them.

They can loiter at long distances which the US has reservations about if they are used inside Russia. Being in the air though allows them to get a better view on the enemy and I would imagine the Hellfire missiles they come with have a better accuracy than artillery shells.

Those front lines that are going nowhere and at a stand still would be easier to hit to make a break through.

the Russia issue is apparently lower on the issues here as Ukraine has said they wouldn't do it. them falling into Russia's hands are the biggest Pentagon concern

Ukraine has offered to give US the final say on targets when it comes to using Reapers and other hardware discussed last week.

The obvious solution surely is to give them predator drones?

They’ve been in service since the 90s and several were lost or shot down in the balkans so there’s nothing top secret about them.

And they offer 90% of the combat effectiveness.

Last edited:
I presume a drone could put a bomb or missile through a 6th floor window with it being almost on top of the target whereas artillery shells from 10 miles away are subject to wind, humidity and the coriolis affect

Modern artillery shells (which Ukraine has) are actually laser or gps guided to correct for all of that kind of stuff.

All his pillars of support are being systematically eroded -

• Continued battlefield losses that are even pissing off deluded state tv pundits and military commentators
  • Finger pointing in full throttle between the FSB, Wagner and the military command
  • Depleted military and hardware
  • Ukraine hopefully shortly receiving even more advanced hardware as NATO/EU/U.S rallies more around Ukraine
  • Air defence systems being ramped up around Ukraine negating the attack on civilian infrastructure
  • russian economy buckling under crippling sanctions
  • China finally waking up to the fact that they have backed a donkey and look to slowly reverse out of their position
  • Nuke card is a busted flush I suspect
This only really leaves forcing Belarus to open up a Northern front to complicate matters which carries its own dangers for Lukashenko. Continued mass mobilisation will just fast track a civil implosion and bring no discernible advantages to russia on the battlefield.
it should be noted that it has leaked from the Pentagon that Putin and all major Russisn actors have been informed by the US that they know where they are at all times and should it come to a nuclear or long range conventional exchange he and his inner circle will die sooner rather than later.
Russian officials have dialed down on the nuclear rhetoric since - only on TV do you see the nuclear threat bollox.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.