Russian invasion of Ukraine

German MoD Mrs Lamprecht is expected to step down on Monday, several sources report. Still unconfirmed.

A German decision about Leopard 2 is expected before 20 Jan, Ramstein meeting.

BBC news reporting the Russians are claiming they have taken Soledar and its salt mines …….
Good article here on why the salt mines are of limited value

And more, in that respect.

It effects the US directly too.

The Russian allies in the US congress might think it won't affect them but we live in a capitalist economy. If Europe is willing to pay $10 for a loaf of bread.. the corporations that sell us bread here.. won't be putting it in supermarkets for $2.50 a loaf.

I hope Ukraine if forced to do tactical withdrawl makes the Russians pay dearly with artillery and makes Russian forces withdraw or pay the piper for overextending.

But being realistic here, I don't expect this war to end anytime soon.. the future of America and Europe's food security is at direct stake here as is Putin's ego.. and Ukrainians caught in the middle. This will not be over anytime soon.. might take decades.

It effects the US directly too.

The Russian allies in the US congress might think it won't affect them but we live in a capitalist economy. If Europe is willing to pay $10 for a loaf of bread.. the corporations that sell us bread here.. won't be putting it in supermarkets for $2.50 a loaf.

I hope Ukraine if forced to do tactical withdrawl makes the Russians pay dearly with artillery and makes Russian forces withdraw or pay the piper for overextending.

But being realistic here, I don't expect this war to end anytime soon.. the future of America and Europe's food security is at direct stake here as is Putin's ego.. and Ukrainians caught in the middle. This will not be over anytime soon.. might take decades.
The war will end when the Russians get rid of Putin. Until then, countless thousands of Russian lives will be sacrificed in the name of Putin’s ego trip, and thousands of innocent Ukrainian civilians will suffer because of it. Can’t see it being any time soon but we can always hope.

The war will end when the Russians get rid of Putin. Until then, countless thousands of Russian lives will be sacrificed in the name of Putin’s ego trip, and thousands of innocent Ukrainian civilians will suffer because of it. Can’t see it being any time soon but we can always hope.

I am just not sure the next one after Putin isn't crazier than him. Remember Putin has had any opposition to his viewpoint eliminated.

So unless it's generational leadership (where the old leadership is kicked out in general).. we'll just see a successor have the same goals as the predecessor.

if the ruSSians are allowed to annex the areas they currently occupy, then the world loses
Ukraine is the world's bread basket and putin will use food to hold the world to ransom

The food issue is a short lived event. A few years at most. Canada has the worlds largest reserve of potash for fertiliser and can replace losses. Just takes a couple of years to ramp up production.

While it would be a massive hit, food production would survive and realign long term.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.