Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yes and that fringe have complete control over the house because Kevin McCarthy had to promise them every batshit crazy thing they wanted to get elected speaker.

The MAGA wing will block anything and they'll launch a bunch of idiotic investigations and hearings about where things are going. Also R voter support is only hovering around 50%, and Fox News is staunchly opposed so...not good.

The White House has some discretionary funding but it's going to be a billion here and there.

Plus the impending debt ceiling default is going to dominate US politics for the next few months.

I admit I don’t know the ins and outs of it but going by people I trust who do, the general consensus is that Ukrainian support will continue as most republicans, as in the voters want it too.

If the republicans in the house push it for a fringe side they risk splitting the party in 2.

Poland will be ditching their whole Leopard 2 fleet replacing them with South Korean K2s and Abrams as Leopard 2 delivery to anyone is years away - so I suspect they don't give a stuff what Germany thinks.
Perhaps suits Germany as well to not make the decision.

Trump became president because of direct Russian interference and assistance. Boris Johnson came to power because he is a lying ****, but Putin didnt do that.

Several key Brexit figures had Russian funding, and Russian troll farms featured in the campaign.

Johnson did well with Ukraine, but for sure, Putin was very pleased he got into power.

Germany do seem to be changing the goal posts on this. From saying they wont go alone to saying they wont go unless the US do.

There is a suggestion doing the rounds that the US may send a batallion of Abrahams to Ukraine but not to the front line. maybe for defending somewhere. only reason for no front line action would be they are very very hard to maintain a supply line for due to being powered by a jet engine and needing jet fuel to run.

it should be enough to break the deadlock.
Stick them in the border with Belarus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.