Russian invasion of Ukraine

Hitchens has been all over the place politically. Once a paid up communist, then a Labour party member, then a Tory party member and would be candidate. He is no longer a member of any party but calls himself a Burkian conservative. He thinks the currentTory party is just Blairite.
He opposed Covid retrictions and jabs, he opposes current thinking on climate change. He opposes same sex marriage.
He is against UK involvement in Ukraine believing that Crimea is Russian and that Ukraine is a hotbed of Ukraine nationalists who make life difficult for ethnic Russians there.
He is bonkers, allegedly.
And he's a fucking God botherer. Says it all really.

I don't think it works like that,to quote a line from Game of thrones

"If war were arithmetic, the mathematicians would rule the world".

Numbers play an important role but there's so much at play here behind the scene. It's not really a 1 v 1 situation.
I respectfully disagree in this instance.

These are tangible assets to be used in a war of attrition.

For example if we were to find out that Ukraine only had 3 bullets left, would the war be over or is just "arithmetic " so it doesn't matter?

I respectfully disagree in this instance.

These are tangible assets to be used in a war of attrition.

For example if we were to find out that Ukraine only had 3 bullets left, would the war be over or is just "arithmetic " so it doesn't matter?
I don’t think he’s suggesting arithmetic isn’t a factor, just not the only one, or even an overwhelming one in certain circumstances.

It’s difficult to argue against that line of thinking, given the direction of travel of the war.

I don't think it works like that,to quote a line from Game of thrones

"If war were arithmetic, the mathematicians would rule the world".

Numbers play an important role but there's so much at play here behind the scene. It's not really a 1 v 1 situation.
Perhaps the advice to all businesses says a similar thing.
If you are going to get judged by accountants then start thinking like an accountant.

Hitchens has been all over the place politically. Once a paid up communist, then a Labour party member, then a Tory party member and would be candidate. He is no longer a member of any party but calls himself a Burkian conservative. He thinks the currentTory party is just Blairite.
He opposed Covid retrictions and jabs, he opposes current thinking on climate change. He opposes same sex marriage.
He is against UK involvement in Ukraine believing that Crimea is Russian and that Ukraine is a hotbed of Ukraine nationalists who make life difficult for ethnic Russians there.

A sort of mainstream Daily Mail reader then?

Sounds more like he is funded by Russia tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.