Russian invasion of Ukraine

German government,doing more damage to the German arms industry,than the RAF did.

Slava Ukraini.

Zee Germans are nervous about the optics of German tanks rolling around Eastern Europe.

Part of me understands that but the circumstances couldn’t be more different. They need to get over it.

Germans more than anyone should understand the importance of stopping a tyrant in their tracks before they get too many ideas.

German involvement follows the predictable tedious pattern of saying no, umming and erring and hand-wringing, waiting for someone else to go first, then getting involved anyway.

My guess is that he doesnt really know because henchmen will just tell him what he wants to hear.
I tell Mrs KS what she wants to hear, it is the easiest way to deal with dictators.
I accept your point about telling the wife what she wants to hear as it's the safest way.
However, Putin was a KGB colonel and getting him to accept lies might be a bit trickier. I think he knows how badly it's going but won't pull back to save face. He can maintain this stance while he and his stooges keep the bad news from the population, or possibly longer if he can convince the population that he is fighting a just war.

I accept your point about telling the wife what she wants to hear as it's the safest way.
However, Putin was a KGB colonel and getting him to accept lies might be a bit trickier. I think he knows how badly it's going but won't pull back to save face. He can maintain this stance while he and his stooges keep the bad news from the population, or possibly longer if he can convince the population that he is fighting a just war.
Maybe. As I said it was just a guess.

Wagner make up a quarter of the amount of Russian forces fighting in Ukraine. It shows how poor their military is and how corrupt they are when they need a private army made up of murderers and rapists from Russian prisons. Then supplemented with hired goons from Syria, North Korea and central Africa to invade another country.
Slight distraction from your main point blue, last intel I saw which was a report in August 22 by the Russian Federal Penitentiary Service which said that some 340,000 inmates were incarcerated in Russian penitentiaries.
it’s estimated that about 10% from this number have signed up to become Wagner cannon fodder. There is still a decent pool to conscript from.
Putin is on one winner here. Empty the prisons and reduce costs, eradicate the dregs of society and force Ukraine to use up valuable ammo in the process.
i wonder if the Tory Party are considering their options in the UK?

One things for sure without reservists and willing volunteers from ex- service folk the UK could not fight any sort of infantry battle. Indeed I doubt many countries could.

Slight distraction from your main point blue, last intel I saw which was a report in August 22 by the Russian Federal Penitentiary Service which said that some 340,000 inmates were incarcerated in Russian penitentiaries.
it’s estimated that about 10% from this number have signed up to become Wagner cannon fodder. There is still a decent pool to conscript from.
Putin is on one winner here. Empty the prisons and reduce costs, eradicate the dregs of society and force Ukraine to use up valuable ammo in the process.
i wonder if the Tory Party are considering their options in the UK?

One things for sure without reservists and willing volunteers from ex- service folk the UK could not fight any sort of infantry battle. Indeed I doubt many countries could.

It’s a mind boggling concept that a family member could be murdered by someone in Russia. That then person instead of serving their sentence they can get freedom instead by going serving 6 months in Ukraine and surviving. It doesn’t say much for upholding the law in the Russian Federation you can just do what you want.

It’s a mind boggling concept that a family member could be murdered by someone in Russia. That then person instead of serving their sentence they can get freedom instead by going serving 6 months in Ukraine and surviving. It doesn’t say much for upholding the law in the Russian Federation you can just do what you want.

Thats assuming they will stand by there word. And these will be the front line of the cannon fodder who will be shot if they retreat. survival rates must be extremely low.

It may have changed now, but it's crystal clear that at the start, Putin was being fed, and believed, wildly optimistic info about the state of his armed forces, otherwise he would never have attacked in the way he did.

The reality was that the investment went into the pockets, yachts and palaces of the corrupt oligarchy instead of boots, rifles and missiles.

Russian humiliation in the battle for Kyiv was not a strategic masterstroke!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.