Russian invasion of Ukraine

This is part of the mystery. Are we saying Russia, biggest country and population of 140m can't manufacture its own basic kit? Or buy it from China?

Are they that broke/corrupt/incompetent. Seems like they are. Does Putin just not care or is he not willing to do the work to make it happen?
looks to me like there own personal greed with topping up there bank acounts has taken over any other concern, no doubt fully equiped for a nuclear exchange with there dated weapons but could still wipe us out while being wiped out

Because the Russians famously get on with the Afghans... Putin's probably on a war crimes list there as well

In a roundabout way the Russias (via the Wagner Group) are actually helping the incumbent Taliban government by recruiting the members of the old Afghan Army that was trained up by the Americans during the so called War on Terror.

These highly trained soldiers would be a potential threat to the rule of the Taliban. So for them to be fighting in Ukraine instead is rather useful for the Taliban.

I'm sure as well that there's lots of equipment that the Taliban don't need like the thousands of Humvees, trucks etc that the Taliban inherited that the Russians could get some potential use out of.

In a roundabout way the Russias (via the Wagner Group) are actually helping the incumbent Taliban government by recruiting the members of the old Afghan Army that was trained up by the Americans during the so called War on Terror.

These highly trained soldiers would be a potential threat to the rule of the Taliban. So for them to be fighting in Ukraine instead is rather useful for the Taliban.

I'm sure as well that there's lots of equipment that the Taliban don't need like the thousands of Humvees, trucks etc that the Taliban inherited that the Russians could get some potential use out of.
not having a go mate but in terms of what is going to be supplied to ukraine in the next few weeks/months i dont think anything lying around in Afghanistan is anything to be bothered about

not having a go mate but in terms of what is going to be supplied to ukraine in the next few weeks/months i dont think anything lying around in Afghanistan is anything to be bothered about

No absolutely not. The most potent thing Afghanistan have is their trained soldiers. Some old trucks and helicopters won't do much.

I was just saying that despite them being mortal enemies in the past. That they're more than willing to help each other out in this ever changing world.

This is part of the mystery. Are we saying Russia, biggest country and population of 140m can't manufacture its own basic kit? Or buy it from China?

Are they that broke/corrupt/incompetent. Seems like they are. Does Putin just not care or is he not willing to do the work to make it happen?
My guess is that he doesnt really know because henchmen will just tell him what he wants to hear.
I tell Mrs KS what she wants to hear, it is the easiest way to deal with dictators.

No absolutely not. The most potent thing Afghanistan have is their trained soldiers. Some old trucks and helicopters won't do much.

I was just saying that despite them being mortal enemies in the past. That they're more than willing to help each other out in this ever changing world.
The same trained soldiers that ran away from the Taliban ?
Good luck Vlad

I thought we'd settled this ages ago, they don't and no he can't.

Russia aren't drawing up plans to conscript another 500,000 men because they've got loads of troops sitting around waiting to be called upon.

They aren't holding anything back. This is the extent of Russia's military power.

The US estimated that the invasion force was 80% of Russia's ground force, and 100% of that had been deployed by late March. There's no one hiding in the wings, no secret supply of armor they were holding back for the first 350 days of the 3 day war.
Do you think a Wagner force supplemented by worldwide recruited personnel is likely to make up the numbers?

Do you think a Wagner force supplemented by worldwide recruited personnel is likely to make up the numbers?

Wagner make up a quarter of the amount of Russian forces fighting in Ukraine. It shows how poor their military is and how corrupt they are when they need a private army made up of murderers and rapists from Russian prisons. Then supplemented with hired goons from Syria, North Korea and central Africa to invade another country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.