Russian invasion of Ukraine

Day 345 Review:

Key take away: Russia has 320k troops in Ukraine with another 150-200k in Reserve. Russia clearly willing to take massive casualties to take 10m. NATO needs to supply Ukraine with sufficient drones and artillary to counter this or things will get very rough.

I am sick to death of NATO giving Ukraine just enough equipment not to lose. It needs to provide enough equipment for Ukraine drive Russia out of Ukraine.

Last edited:
Day 345 Review:

Key take away: Russia has 320k troops in Ukraine with another 150-200k in Reserve. Russia clearly willing to take massive casualties to take 10m. NATO needs to supply Ukraine with sufficient drones and artillary to counter this or things will get very rough.

I am sick to death of NATO giving Ukraine just enough equipment not to lose. It needs to pro ide enough equipment for Ukraine to win.

Scary thing at the moment is we have a two month turnaround to this equipment getting the the battlefield and troops being trained up. The Challenger 2 we won’t see until April in Ukraine. They should have had this equipment 6 months ago when they were driving the enemy out of Kherson and Kharkiv. The stalemate on the front line has enabled Russia to flood occupied areas with massive numbers of troops, the initial surprise of HIMARS hitting supply lines and causing logistical issues a few months back is less of a problem now the orcs know to keep their logistics out of range. If they let Ukraine have longer range missiles they can break this and have the enemy on the back foot again.

Russia won’t make the mistake again of sending huge tank columns on land grabs which they struggled to hold in the early days of the conflict. They will use the numbers they have to probe front lines with the human wave tactics they are using now, give Ukraine everything it needs including fighter jets the Russians cannot be allowed to start making advances again.

Day 345 Review:

I am sick to death of NATO giving Ukraine just enough equipment not to lose. It needs to pro ide enough equipment for Ukraine to win.
Perhaps we are all a little fearful of what happens when and if Ukraine decides it has achieved its goals.

Russia seems to think it can win with extra numbers so no change there.

Day 345 Review:

They're not doing it because they know that in military terms Ukraine are unlikely to win, a back of an envelope calculation tells you that. The war needs to be made unwinnable for Russia, but that won't be counted in territory gained or cities taken.

The war is fought on several fronts, military, economic and political. From the outside looking in things don't look great for Ukraine, but that can change.

You're right, NATO are giving just enough for Ukraine not to capitulate, hopefully that's because efforts on the economic and political front are moving apace. Fingers crossed that's the case, but if there is movement I'm oblivious to it.

Who's squabbling?
Erdogan has said he will block Sweden’s accession to NATO, unless they return terrorists currently in Sweden.
Most who fled are, I believe, not terrorists.
France and Germany had a disagreement about NATO’s role that got so vitriolic they cancelled regular bilateral cabinet meetings. Putin has helped to solve that.
Finally, the EU had to persuade Hungary against blocking EU aid to Ukraine.
All is sweetness and light.

Erdogan has said he will block Sweden’s accession to NATO, unless they return terrorists currently in Sweden.
Most who fled are, I believe, not terrorists.
France and Germany had a disagreement about NATO’s role that got so vitriolic they cancelled regular bilateral cabinet meetings. Putin has helped to solve that.
Finally, the EU had to persuade Hungary against blocking EU aid to Ukraine.
All is sweetness and light.
Cheers. Wasn't aware

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.