Russian invasion of Ukraine

Prior to the blitz the Luftwaffe had focused on the ports, control of the English Channel and the airfields in the south of UK. These incessant raids nearly crippled the RAF airfields in the south, there was a real danger the RAF would have to retreat out of range giving the Germans air superiority over the invasion landing zones. A German bombing raid got lost and mistakenly bombed London, Churchill retaliated by ordering the RAF to bomb Berlin. Hitler flew into a rage at this and the blitz started as he ordered a shift to the cities. With the bombers focusing on the cities the airfields remained operational and the rest is history.

How different history might have turned out if those German bombers hadn’t got lost or had Hitler not lost his shit.
Iirc didn’t Hitler or his regime underestimate the strength of the RAF at that time ?
Also the system of defence and Radar helped too.

I had this book as a kid , one of my favourite books.
If the luftwaffe had carried on as per their actions on August 18th…
Battle of Britain Day, September 15th, is a very easy day for me to remember.
It's my eldest daughter's Adoption day. She's now 40.

I’ve been at a fundraiser in Knaresborough tonight for Harrogate Blue, Bob Frendt’s, 7th trip with aid to the Ukraine. At least half the audience were Ukrainian refugees.

City and others have been incredibly generous, with the Club donating four boxes of junior kits for the children’s hospital in UKraine.
1676065113295.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.