Russian invasion of Ukraine

Iirc didn’t Hitler or his regime underestimate the strength of the RAF at that time ?
Also the system of defence and Radar helped too.

Probably. Both sides also massively overestimated losses inflicted on the other side which only added to underestimated strength. Towards the end of the Battle of Britain Douglas Badder and his big wing finally managed to assemble all the squadron’s just north of London and arrive on time, over 100 RAF fighters meeting a luftwaffe bombing raid when the RAF was supposedly finished certainly dented the morale of the Germans.

The CH towers were hard to blast damage as I understand it, so needed direct hits which wasn’t really in the remit of free fall bombs. The luftwaffe had some successes I think notably with the Stuka’s but they didn’t use them for long as they were woefully exposed against the RAF fighters.

My favourite story was 2 RAF pilots faced 100+ bombers and one says to the other, I’ll take the top 50 you take the bottom 50.

Current Russian defensive lines. Clearly expecting the push south from Zaporizhzhia with the amount there.

Cossacks know, we know even the orcs know...they fucked. Preparing defensive lines in Belgorod, Kursk, Voronezh regions. Building it in Crimea. You don't dig trenches in the rear when you think you can make a big push.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.