Russian invasion of Ukraine

Probably. Both sides also massively overestimated losses inflicted on the other side which only added to underestimated strength. Towards the end of the Battle of Britain Douglas Badder and his big wing finally managed to assemble all the squadron’s just north of London and arrive on time, over 100 RAF fighters meeting a luftwaffe bombing raid when the RAF was supposedly finished certainly dented the morale of the Germans.

The CH towers were hard to blast damage as I understand it, so needed direct hits which wasn’t really in the remit of free fall bombs. The luftwaffe had some successes I think notably with the Stuka’s but they didn’t use them for long as they were woefully exposed against the RAF fighters.

My favourite story was 2 RAF pilots faced 100+ bombers and one says to the other, I’ll take the top 50 you take the bottom 50.
One interesting thing about this period is at the time each air force was reliant on the reports of returning pilots re how many enemies were shot down. Historians have since been able to go back and compare the battle reports to the actual logs of each airforce on returning planes and pilots going missing etc to be able to determine the claims vs the reality. Both sides claimed more than the real numbers but the Germans way more. All part of the flaws of their system were bad news was not tolerated so lies become normal.

Makes sense. Where there is a loophole people will profit from it. Used to be similar with women flying into Ireland (N&S) to get the Irish ppt by birth. Almost an up market human trafficking.
Read something similar with Chinese flying into Ecuador due to visa free access and then making the long journey to USA.

why appeal for help to moscow after acknowledging that you’re the 4th set of reinforcements to go at the same position after the previous units have all perished? saying they are happy to fight though, so I have no sympathy for their inevitable plight.

Commented on the accuracy of the drone operators the other day. Just watched a video of a grenade landing on the helmet of a Ruskie. Blew him to bits and his oppo wasn't too chuffed either

why appeal for help to moscow after acknowledging that you’re the 4th set of reinforcements to go at the same position after the previous units have all perished? saying they are happy to fight though, so I have no sympathy for their inevitable plight.

Fucking joke of a country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.