Russian invasion of Ukraine

Looks to me like this will go on for years in virtual stalemate.

Ukraine can’t cede territory already taken by Russia. Russia can’t retreat. China waits in the wings, ready to match Western support.

A long war of attrition unless someone presses the button (which I doubt) or the West rolls back its support and cuts Ukraine loose.

I don’t think this is the correct time to evaluate this statement. The winter was always going to lead to a huge reduction in military and territorial activity.

We will have a much clearer picture about the direction of travel come midsummer.

I don’t think this is the correct time to evaluate this statement. The winter was always going to lead to a huge reduction in military and territorial activity.

We will have a much clearer picture about the direction of travel come midsummer.
It almost goes without saying that we’ll all have a better idea in 6 months. I was hazarding a view based on how things look as at 23 February 2023.

It almost goes without saying that we’ll all have a better idea in 6 months. I was hazarding a view based on how things look as at 23 February 2023.
fwiw, on balance, I think by the end of the summer Russia will have lost over half the Ukrainian territory it currently holds, but your scenario is perfectly plausible. Of course it is.

Ukraine can’t cede territory already taken by Russia. Russia can’t retreat. China waits in the wings, ready to match Western support.

A long war of attrition unless someone presses the button (which I doubt) or the West rolls back its support and cuts Ukraine loose.
Alternatively a certain someone falls out of a 6th storey window and their successor, while just as vile a ****, decides to end the invasion and blame the failure on the short arsed little evil nonce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.