Russian invasion of Ukraine

There is no stalemate. Russia has already lost, it is just taking Putin time to realise this.
One side is planning more activity, the other has played their best hand. Them hoping for our support to end is just fantasy. Imagine the world if we allow Russia to take over the Ukraine?
The only frustrating thing is the time it has taken western allies to believe the Ukraine can win and Russian threats of nuclear strikes are just a bluff.

There is no "off ramp" for Putin. He cannot win on any level. If he withdraws, he is humiliated and will end up dead. If he uses nukes, he and his country is dead. If he continues mobilising citizens, and sends them to their deaths. Eventually the right people will notice and he will end up dead.

Sanctions are slow but will make the difference. Wars are not won by men as such. A war needs to be financed. You need arms and infrastructure.
I think his current state of arms is like an inkjet printer. Will work well right up to the day they don't (when the ink suddenly runs out)

The Russian people are already starting to ask questions. If you watch 1420, they are getting bolder to give their opinions. The tide will turn, and we need to be strong in our support.
If any Russians (in a position to end him) actually cares about the country and its people, they know what they need to do.

The Russian people are already starting to ask questions. If you watch 1420, they are getting bolder to give their opinions. The tide will turn, and we need to be strong in our support.
If any Russians (in a position to end him) actually cares about the country and its people, they know what they need to do.
I don't share your optimism just yet, though it was interesting to see the crowds flooding out of the stadium yesterday, before he even spoke. Lets hope that is a sign of the real sentiment of the ordinary people.

Putin looked absolutely fucked on his nation address bollocks the other day . Despite endless plastic surgery and botox the mad **** looks fucking dreadful . Is someone slowly poisoning him ?
Needs a bit of sunshine and fresh air but has developed an irrational fear of windows if you ask me.

Looks to me like this will go on for years in virtual stalemate.

Ukraine can’t cede territory already taken by Russia. Russia can’t retreat. China waits in the wings, ready to match Western support.

A long war of attrition unless someone presses the button (which I doubt) or the West rolls back its support and cuts Ukraine loose.

Or the Russian army falls apart under its weight of corruption.

Or the Russian people stop allowing their citizenry to be conscripted to their death.

Or further insurgency/ rebellion in Siberian or Central Asian Russia draws armed forces away.

Or Putins generals face up to him.

Or Russia's neighbours like Georgia take the opportunity to settle their border disputes.

I'm not predicting anything, but there are very many ways the Russian occupation can collapse.

Seeing the Ukrainian colours outside the Russian embassy, fills me with so much joy.

Simple acts of defiance shows the world that the UK is fully supportive of a Ukrainian victory.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.