Russian invasion of Ukraine

FT article on Putin:
My opinion:
Putin's 3 main advisors are dead - Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great and Catgerine the Great.
Clearly rational (thank goodness) and someone who likes to eliminate almost all risk in an enterprise.
Putin demands obedience, but doesn't like to hear bad news, so people don't tell him the full truth.
The failure if the invasion must have come as a shock to him.
Like Stalin, he is clearly a viĺain but the guaranteed way to get into Stalin's bad books was to not tell him the truth.
if a leader doesn't listen, they are in trouble. And as such, Putin is a guaranteed doom loop for Russia in this war.
Enjoyed that. Thanks.

The western leaders should make it clear to China that until they send someone to Ukraine and see what the Russians have done they cannot teally call themselves neutral.

And secondly if they start sending drones to Russia the west will start to impose heavy import taxes on all their exports to western countries. I'm pretty sure they will back down immediately. They don't want a trade war any more than a real war.

I could add that I firmly believe that China could end this war very quickly by applying some pressure to Russia.

I hope the US are actually talking to the Chinese leadership and encouraging them to do this, all wars eventually end in dialogue or some kind.
China is now Russia’s biggest export market, holding up oil sales. Rock bottom prices, though.

The western leaders should make it clear to China that until they send someone to Ukraine and see what the Russians have done they cannot teally call themselves neutral.

And secondly if they start sending drones to Russia the west will start to impose heavy import taxes on all their exports to western countries. I'm pretty sure they will back down immediately. They don't want a trade war any more than a real war.

I could add that I firmly believe that China could end this war very quickly by applying some pressure to Russia.

I hope the US are actually talking to the Chinese leadership and encouraging them to do this, all wars eventually end in dialogue or some kind.
I think if China were to play hardball with Russia to cease hostilities, Putin would comply, but he would not agree to Ukraine's demand of moving out of all areas of Ukraine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.