Russian invasion of Ukraine

Just the MAGA variaty of Republican
Trad Republicans are right behind supporting Ukraine. A load of them went to Kyiv after Biden did in a show of support.
It’s a shame both sets of Republicans are shamelessly politicising the conflict to criticise Biden and the Democrats, this lot for saying he’s not doing enough and the other lot for saying he shouldn’t be doing anything at all. It’s the one thing that’s not politicised in the UK with both the government and the opposition saying the same thing. Just goes to show that even the non-MAGA Republicans are cunts.

Zelensky is surrounded by some very clever advisers.

The Chinese "peace" proposal has been welcomed in Kyiv, with Zelensky proposing he meet President Xi in person. Not because of the proposal itself, I can't imagine there's anything in it the Ukrainians would necessarily welcome, but because a meeting, between two heads of state, would, by its very nature, be a legitimisation by Beijing that Ukraine is a sovereign nation, and not, as Putin would have it, a breakaway province of the Russian empire.

Last edited:
I would suggest that they have "locked" these countries into their sphere of influence by building big projects and then loading a lot of debt onto the country.

Yeah that’s basically the way I see it. They go in. Build stuff “for free”, the country they are helping benefits loads. China benefits loads by getting 1st dibs on natural resources and in the long run end up having there tech and manufacturing so engrained in the country that they are massively relied on for upgrades and maintaining things so China benefit in the long run too.

While Country x they have helped us booming and has loads of good will to China.

If China start to get involved in conflicts outside of China then the countries they are helping or want to help start to become very wary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.