Russian invasion of Ukraine

I'm feeling disheartened about it all to be honest.

Millions of innocent people caught in the crossfire of a willy waving despot wanting to get his mother Russia wank fantasy completed before he carks it. Hopefully there isn't a bigger **** behind him should he shuffle off

There probably isn't, by purging rivals and surrounding himself with sycophants he has cut off the chance of that kind of successor.

I'm feeling disheartened about it all to be honest.

Millions of innocent people caught in the crossfire of a willy waving despot wanting to get his mother Russia wank fantasy completed before he carks it. Hopefully there isn't a bigger **** behind him should he shuffle off

Heard a historian guy on LBC other day who said this war will go on for many years yet

So we're all happy with perpetual war?

This thread makes me uneasy with some of the language treating it all like a match day thread.
Most wars go on for years and sometimes decades. This one will only really stop when Putin accepts he can't take any more land by force. Putin has to be defeated to end this. If he takes Ukraine then it will be some other former block country.

One thing that has always blown open Putin's fraudulent, insidious rationale behind the invasion was the pretext that Ukraine had to be stopped from becoming a NATO ally. But were Ukraine to become Russian territory then they'd be next to another NATO ally in Poland, so where does it stop?

He's just a monomaniacal despot who dreams of a Soviet imperialism that was rightly consigned to the rubbish heap a generation ago. Sooner he has a bullet put between his eyes, the better.

So we're all happy with perpetual war?

This thread makes me uneasy with some of the language treating it all like a match day thread.

Well the flipside to that is considering Ukraine as the bread basket of Europe.

In a world of 8 billion people (and growing to 11 billion in 30 years).. controlling food supply is a massive weapon. More dangerous than 10000 nuclear bombs.

Are we okay at the mercy of Russia?

Are we happy paying Russkies five or seven times the amount of money as now for a loaf of bread?

And for those that cannot pay.. Are we happy to absorb massive asylum seekers from the countries that end up having famine due to this?

Most countries are saying no to all of the above!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.