Russian invasion of Ukraine

I see Dmitry Medvedev says we are risking nuclear war for not allowing Putin's thugs take over Ukraine and commit genocide of a nation and it's people?

Seriously?

What a load of tosh.

If Russia withdraws from Ukraine then the risk is all gone Dmitry.
Clown politician from a fucking joke of a country.

As I’ve stated previously, CNN is always worth look at every day. A different American perspective with leading American political figures, intellectual figures, and ex-military, always sharing their views and opinions.

Editor’s Note: Candace Rondeaux is the director of the Future Frontlines program at the New America Foundation and a Professor of Practice at the Center on the Future of War at Arizona State University. She has testified in Congress on Russia’s deployment of paramilitary forces in Ukraine and beyond, and is writing a book about the Wagner Group. Rondeaux is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and former South Asia Bureau Chief for The Washington Post. This commentary draws on a research series focused on the Wagner Group, recently published by New America. The views expressed here are her own. Read more opinion on CNN.

The answers to these questions hold grave implications for the trajectory of Putin’s war – and the future relationship between Russia, the United States and NATO.

These are also questions that the team of researchers that I lead at New America and Arizona State University have been researching for the better part of the last five years. What we’ve learned while uncovering the Wagner Group’s covert operations and Prigozhin’s shadowy business enterprises is that Prigozhin needs Putin as much as Putin needs him – at least for now.

Key to the outcome of this war, will be Chinese involvement. With any luck, the Chinese will be convinced that supplying arms to Russia isn't in their best interest. Democratic nations need to make that point absolutely clear.
One way to get round this would be to supply North Korea replacement ammo for what they give to Russia.
I have to say that I'm surprised they haven't done this already.

Key to the outcome of this war, will be Chinese involvement. With any luck, the Chinese will be convinced that supplying arms to Russia isn't in their best interest. Democratic nations need to make that point absolutely clear.

Of course, the longer this war goes on, the more both the West and Russia are drained of resources.

China is over the moon with this war lasting so long and will be eager to fill the void of the strongest superpower.

And, of course China will find a way to supply Russia with what aid they can get away with. But they won't do this wholesale, but around the margins, preserving, *wink wink* some degree of deniability..

That way they can trade with the west without blame avoiding sanctions, all the while gaining something that they really want from Russia in return.

Now's as good as time as any for the West to try to plan for what happens when sanctions are going to be put on China

But realistically right now the West simply can't wean themselves off of the huge amount of trade the do with China fast enough or completely enough to have much of an effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.