Russian invasion of Ukraine

No they aren't. Just the bits that get the missile payload into orbit are the same.
The subs are different though the launch tubes are the same but the re-entry section and warheads are UK (Aldermaston) designed and built.
The rentry section and each mounted warhead is taken apart, reassembled and tested (without payload) on a regular basis.
Let’s hope nobody drops it then.

I don't imagine that Ukraine actually knows where putin is, so it's unlikely they'll be taking him any time soon with a drone.

I think it's much more likely russia would be able to locate Zelensky and take him out, but they don't appear to have tried either.

I think they would have had him arrested a year ago had they been able to take Kyiv, but thankfully that didn't happen.
There have reportedly been five attempts to kill Zelinsky

Read what I said.
Not just the warheads are different the last stage that distributes multiple warheads in different trajectories is uk built, maintained and tested.
I did read what you wrote.

For clarity, are you saying that the Trident missiles onboard our subs are for UK use only, as they would not be compatible with US subs?

No they aren't. Just the bits that get the missile payload into orbit are the same.
The subs are different though the launch tubes are the same but the re-entry section and warheads are UK (Aldermaston) designed and built.
The rentry section and each mounted warhead is taken apart, reassembled and tested (without payload) on a regular basis.
Can you define "regular basis"

Question.....
Nearly started a thread,but will leave that to the mods to decide.

International Legion.

What posseses these people to do this?
I know of,not personally,of people from the US,Canada,Belarus,Estonia,Poland,UK,a lot from Socotland in that,Austrailia,New Zealand....fuckin all over the world.
They just rocked up to ukraine and said"i'll have some of this"
War.....killing,dying,not even their country,but willing to give everything,including life up for it.

FAIR PLAY.

Heroyam Slava......You deserve it!!!

Slava Ukraini.
They don't like what the Russians are doing and want to do something about it but know their own countries won't get directly involved. These lads are combat veterans, they know what happens in war and what they're getting into, they'd just happily become the statistic rather than a defenceless woman or child. Brave lads.

Question.....
Nearly started a thread,but will leave that to the mods to decide.

International Legion.

What posseses these people to do this?
I know of,not personally,of people from the US,Canada,Belarus,Estonia,Poland,UK,a lot from Socotland in that,Austrailia,New Zealand....fuckin all over the world.
They just rocked up to ukraine and said"i'll have some of this"
War.....killing,dying,not even their country,but willing to give everything,including life up for it.

FAIR PLAY.

Heroyam Slava......You deserve it!!!

Slava Ukraini.
For some of them adjustment to civvy life is difficult and they find even the hazerdous nature of being a soldier of fortune more attractive.
I recall when the Falkland war started my business partner an ex soldier admitted to wish he was part of the UK army being assembled at the time. He stayed at work of course but the attraction of the army lifestyle stayed with him as long as I knew him.

Being ex-Army the camaraderie you get in the forces has never been matched in civilian life.
I know ex lads who miss it that much that they sign up for these conflicts just to try to bring that feeling back again.
It's indescribable the trust you share with the troops around you, knowing that you all depend on each other and would do anything to 'have their back'.
I'm too old now and my body couldn't take the strain of another conflict.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.