Russian invasion of Ukraine

Being ex-Army the camaraderie you get in the forces has never been matched in civilian life.
I know ex lads who miss it that much that they sign up for these conflicts just to try to bring that feeling back again.
It's indescribable the trust you share with the troops around you, knowing that you all depend on each other and would do anything to 'have their back'.
I'm too old now and my body couldn't take the strain of another conflict.
Total respect for you and your words.

Didn't realise this was the case - hard for me getting history lessons off twitter :-(

Assume the reintegration to Romania and by default NATO seems the logical step forward but am assuming the issue of Transnistria is he blocking point which I assume is the reason for its creation. I understand that there seems to be a majority in favour of re-unification but info is patchy on this. Can see why the russians have this area as there no.2 on the hit list.

some time ago the mobiks from irkutsk oblast recorded messages to the higher powers comlaining that they don't have enough weapons ammo and training, well...they won't be complaining anymore. all had been sent to the killing ground aka Avdiyivka. almost everyone gone

Didn't realise this was the case - hard for me getting history lessons off twitter :-(

Assume the reintegration to Romania and by default NATO seems the logical step forward but am assuming the issue of Transnistria is he blocking point which I assume is the reason for its creation. I understand that there seems to be a majority in favour of re-unification but info is patchy on this. Can see why the russians have this area as there no.2 on the hit list.

You are spot on with that assumption.

Moldova can't integrate into Romania (a NATO member) with a disputed border/breakaway region.

Same playbook in Georgia for Abkhazia and South Ossetia.

There was a post on here (iirc) which showed the percentage of each Russian oblast’s population that had been called up.
The percentage for Moscow was about 0.03%, whereas many of the far flung Oblast’s had a significant (and noticeable population decline) percent.

Putin is fighting a ‘Russia’ motherland war , with his ‘insignificant’ ‘peasants’ from far flung republics, whilst the elite ‘ruling class’ either flee or regurgitate the Putin line.

There was a post on here (iirc) which showed the percentage of each Russian oblast’s population that had been called up.
The percentage for Moscow was about 0.03%, whereas many of the far flung Oblast’s had a significant (and noticeable population decline) percent.

Putin is fighting a ‘Russia’ motherland war , with his ‘insignificant’ ‘peasants’ from far flung republics, whilst the elite ‘ruling class’ either flee or regurgitate the Putin line.
And use influence to avoid conscription.

AbleYoungGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.