Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yeah, the dynamic seems to be that the Ukrainians believe they're winning and will defeat or at least significantly push back the Russians, so have no incentive to negotiate on basis of current territory held.

The Russians believe the West will run out of patience and stop supporting Ukraine in the long term, so they'll eventually win, nullifying their humiliation to date, so they have no incentive to negotiate

[all of which is just the practicalities, ignoring the moral aspect that Russia is conducting brutal, illegal and fascist war]
The only time where the West will start to lose patience is if the war starts to affect peoples quality of life. As it stands, baring energy costs which thankfully are coming back down, the impact has been minimal and much less than the impact will be on the Russian population.
The Russians seem to have a vision of being strong in the face of adversity. That might be the case for those living in the East, but those from Moscow and St Petersburg like their comforts.

CNN.

Wagner chief claims "entire eastern part of Bakhmut" is under Russian group's control

From CNN's Josh Pennington

Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the Russian private military company Wagner, claimed on Wednesday that the eastern part of the Ukrainian city of Bakhmut is now under its control.

“The entire eastern part of Bakhmut is under the control of Wagner PMC. Everything to the east of the Bakhmutka River is under the complete control of Wagner PMC,” Prigozhin said in an audio clip shared on Telegram.
CNN cannot independently confirm Prigozhin’s claim and has reached out to the Ukrainian military for its response.

On Tuesday, footage geolocated by CNN showed Wagner fighters plant the group's flag on top of a monument in eastern Bakhmut.

The monument is located 500 meters from the Bakhmutka river, suggesting that Ukrainian forces may have withdrawn from the eastern part of the city to consolidate their positions west of the river.

It's unfeasible, Squirels are too quick to catch and if you shoot them there woukd be too many pellets in the fayre served up.
My dog Jasper wants me to have a squirel for lunch, he keeps trying to catch one and bring it back to me for a reward (the mind set of an English Springer Spaniel).
Sadly for him, and luckily for me, they are too quick for him to catch - even when stunned after falling from a tree top and bouncing the shed roof. He got so close to that one though.
Merlin the cat has caught three squirrels , eaten two and delivered me one whole , made himself very sick eating them the daft twat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.