Russian invasion of Ukraine

I went to Cyprus for the 1st time in November, liked it so much, went back in March, and should have gone again this month.
Previously I had experience via my company that Cyprus had issues with Russians … ‘dodgy gangsters’ - and this was over 10 years ago.

Visiting the place, and casually discussing Russians and influence, it was as far as I could ascertain complete ‘yeah they are rich ignorant bastards’
Prior to retirement I had experience of the Russian influence some 20+ years ago.
In those days many Companies took advantage of Cyprus"s at that time low company tax rate of 4 percent (from memory). Off shore companies sprang up doing their European Business there.
Russian companies made their profits there leaving their Russian based works breaking even.

Shops full of fur coats and property snapped up by wealthy Russians.

Would this bring them fully into range of Ukrainian air defences ?

Hopefully !
208th Anti Aircraft Missile Brigade are just South of Bohdanivka,about 15km Northwest of Antonovsky Bridge.
Think that's all they have for the minute,in that area.
Dunno what ammo they got.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.