Russian invasion of Ukraine

It’s been quite widely reported that NATO is struggling to reach a common position ahead of July, and that Zelenskyy could refuse to attend the summit unless a clear accession timeline is presented to him.

I don’t think he’d be floating that unless there was some jeopardy about it.
From what I’m reading it would appear the difference of opinion is between the US who want to focus on helping Ukraine win the war first and then discuss membership afterwards and some Eastern European countries who want to discuss the timeline now. Once the war is over their positions will converge.

From what I’m reading it would appear the difference of opinion is between the US who want to focus on helping Ukraine win the war first and then discuss membership afterwards and some Eastern European countries who want to discuss the timeline now. Once the war is over their positions will converge.
The FT reports over the past couple of months have suggested a bit more reticence from the US and Germany in particular.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.