Russian invasion of Ukraine

Much to be proud of as a united country on Ukraine - how we're viewed from outside and the influence we're having in others.

Successive British prime ministers — there have been three since the war started, all from the Conservative Party — have been of one mind on helping Kyiv claw back territory. The U.K.’s support for Ukraine is unusual for the fact that it transcends party lines in Britain, with the opposition Labour Party being as hawkish if not more so than the ruling Tories. British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace is widely admired for his wartime stewardship of security assistance. In an interview for Yahoo News in May, Wallace’s Ukrainian counterpart Oleksii Reznikov said that the U.K. is the one country whose electoral outcome causes him little angst, as the “opposition is as strong as the current government in terms of supporting us.”

Could be F16's as the US has plenty here.

No F-16s are based in the UK. I think the training here will be on western flying procedures and fast jets, so probably Hawks. I’m guessing they’ll then move onto training on F-16s in either the US or Denmark.

No F-16s are based in the UK.
Well they fly here daily during the week, out of Mildenhall I assume. Whether they are actually based there or not I don't know, but they certainly take off and land there 5 days a week, so if the Americans are going to train them, it makes sense to do it here, not far from their own country.

Training is restricted to quite small areas (for even our own aircraft) and much of it is over the North Sea, and certain ranges often on the coast.

Much to be proud of as a united country on Ukraine - how we're viewed from outside and the influence we're having in others.

Successive British prime ministers — there have been three since the war started, all from the Conservative Party — have been of one mind on helping Kyiv claw back territory. The U.K.’s support for Ukraine is unusual for the fact that it transcends party lines in Britain, with the opposition Labour Party being as hawkish if not more so than the ruling Tories. British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace is widely admired for his wartime stewardship of security assistance. In an interview for Yahoo News in May, Wallace’s Ukrainian counterpart Oleksii Reznikov said that the U.K. is the one country whose electoral outcome causes him little angst, as the “opposition is as strong as the current government in terms of supporting us.”

Good read but the comments under the article lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.