Russian invasion of Ukraine

Russians attacking the big Dinipro Dam now in Zaporizhzhia with long range ordenance.
Ukraine lowering the water leve behind the dam just in case. Its not going to do any extra damage is it?

160 miles of extra frontline when the banks of the former reservoir dry up. Yes the resulting river will be reasonably wide but the Ukrainians have LOTS of bridging equipment.
An unintended consequence for the Russian's "Special Military Clusterfuck" perhaps?

It think this maybe a little optimistic. at normal levels your looking at the minimum of 2/3 miles across. even if it drops by 75% odds are your still looking at half mile to cross.

It think this maybe a little optimistic. at normal levels your looking at the minimum of 2/3 miles across. even if it drops by 75% odds are your still looking at half mile to cross.

And will the exposed ground will be thick mud? More of an obstacle than the lake.

AIUI the lake is 10+ miles across in places.

3 break through's.....2 in Donetsk Region and 1 in Zaporizhzhia Region.
Advancing in a lot of area's now.
Ukrainian Forces in Bakhmut area,changed from defesive to offensive....Russians completely on the backfoot in Donetsk Region.
2 huge areas that were heavily mined have been cleared.
23rd and 31st Mech brigades going through in the IFVs France donated...AX-10 whatever,cant remember.....they are not the best armour wise,but quick with some serious firepower.

Slava Ukraini.

I doubt very much it will completely empty anyway, satellite imagery from today doesn't show the reservoir shrinking that much, and they've already said that floodwater is receding a bit in Nova Khakova.

No idea, but I would say I'm pretty sure water then miles of mud is a worse obstacle than just water. But I do know fuck all about warfare tactics, boats or amphibious vehicles, so you can safely ignore me!

No idea, but I would say I'm pretty sure water then miles of mud is a worse obstacle than just water. But I do know fuck all about warfare tactics, boats or amphibious vehicles, so you can safely ignore me!
Oh I totally agree, as things stand the reservoir and flooding together make it a bigger obstacle for a long time to come.

I doubt Ukraine were going that way anyway, I've always thought they go for the coast of the Azov Sea anyway, cut them in half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.