Russian invasion of Ukraine

i heard something very strange today, i was working,one of the pilots was doing his walk round ,the aircraft was on a slot, an hour slot( eg plane supposed to leave at 10am,its take off time has been moved to 11am) i asked the pilot if they had bad weather in frankfurt ,he said,it was chaos over frankfurt as there were 200 fighters in the area on an "exercise", now that seems a hell of a lot of aircraft to be up and flying,has anyone seen any news about this.

i have no reason to believe the pilot was lying,why would he, when he said on an exercise he used the air quotes

My US/Ukrainian daughter in law is in Lviv on a language course.
I thought she was safe that far west until last night when it was targeted.

i heard something very strange today, i was working,one of the pilots was doing his walk round ,the aircraft was on a slot, an hour slot( eg plane supposed to leave at 10am,its take off time has been moved to 11am) i asked the pilot if they had bad weather in frankfurt ,he said,it was chaos over frankfurt as there were 200 fighters in the area on an "exercise", now that seems a hell of a lot of aircraft to be up and flying,has anyone seen any news about this.

i have no reason to believe the pilot was lying,why would he, when he said on an exercise he used the air quotes
Yes its a massive Nato exercise that's been planned for 4 years.

Its being led by the Germans and they have closed 3 huge areas of airspace to practice.

Lots of countries taking part, but as usual the yanks have by far the largest contribution with over 100 jets.

Its sending a very important message to Russia

Yes its a massive Nato exercise that's been planned for 4 years.

Its being led by the Germans and they have closed 3 huge areas of airspace to practice.

Lots of countries taking part, but as usual the yanks have by far the largest contribution with over 100 jets.

Its sending a very important message to Russia
Yep, there was also a big exercise in Scandinavia a week or two ago as well. That One is held every 2 years, it's usually about defensive ops but this latest One was very much about offensive ops.

Why are Russia throwing everything at regaining positions captured by the Ukrainians rather than gradually retreating to the prepared positions?
Great news for Ukraine as they can wipe out Russian reserves before they get to the defensive lines.
Someone else has also thought about this:

Last edited:
Going at Rivnopil from the South now.
Will be 1 or the other,a lot of POWs/dead.
Advanced to the centre of Marinka also.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.