Russian invasion of Ukraine

He could, but I very much doubt he'd feel (or be) safe there, and I doubt UAE would offer him personal protection, given there are US/UK military bases there, paying the UAE a lot of money for the privilege.
No UK bases they're in Oman, Qatar and Bahrain. We only have use of a UAE airfield if required..
The US has a few mind.

Last edited:
No UK bases they're in Oman and Bahrain
I beg to differ, minhad is the one we are at, and have been for years, my job involves doing something daily for the guys based there.

We do operate in Oman and Bahrain too, and even Qatar at times (we flew protection for the WC, incl fast jets and refuellers).

I beg to differ, minhad is the one we are at, and have been for years, my job involves doing something daily for the guys based there.

We do operate in Oman and Bahrain too, and even Qatar at times (we flew protection for the WC, incl fast jets and refuellers).
You seem to be well into your planes mate, have you seen the youtube video of a Typhoon doing the Mach loop, with the camera just behind the pilot? Beautiful scenery, and then up to the Lake District for more stunning countryside.

You seem to be well into your planes mate
I'm interested yes, but as I said it's also part of the job I do, so I follow things as best I can, worldwide.

Without Minhad in the UAE, we (UK) would never have evacuated over 17k people from Kabul in 2-3 weeks, we also used another airfield, a US one further southwest in UAE.

have you seen the youtube video of a Typhoon doing the Mach loop, with the camera just behind the pilot? Beautiful scenery, and then up to the Lake District for more stunning countryside.
I haven't, but I do know where they go.

Anyway back to Ukraine in here ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.