Russian invasion of Ukraine

Mark Sumner confirming what I said earlier in the week:
Another good read thanks, it does uphold what you said. However in summery it also basically says that Russia are fighting stupid by not using the advantage of defence. Rather than sitting in prepared positions and allowing the Ukrainian forces to come onto them they are trying to defend the area in front of those positions. Thus the ratio is not as would be expected. I saw a video earlier in the week, can't remember where now, where the guy in the video said the expected rate of death of his comrades was less than 1%. Iirc they had been expecting something around 7%. Good news.

My lad was in Lviv yesterday, where they bombed apartments. Had a few scary hours where I couldn't reach him. Thankfully he is on his way home to Czech now but they have been stuck at the Polish border for 14 hours on a coach. They are checking bags and making sure no conscripted men are leaving and there's loads of coaches to check.
The last couple of hours have been hell.

Another good read thanks, it does uphold what you said. However in summery it also basically says that Russia are fighting stupid by not using the advantage of defence. Rather than sitting in prepared positions and allowing the Ukrainian forces to come onto them they are trying to defend the area in front of those positions. Thus the ratio is not as would be expected. I saw a video earlier in the week, can't remember where now, where the guy in the video said the expected rate of death of his comrades was less than 1%. Iirc they had been expecting something around 7%. Good news.
Undoubtedly the Russians are being effing stupid. Good job too!1000009132.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.