Russian invasion of Ukraine

Why are NATO expecting Ukraine to fight with one hand behind their back, the Russians are killing Ukraine soldiers every day with cluster bombs it shouldn’t divide NATO for Ukraine to use them back?
Sunak says we don’t approve of them but I like to think if Wales were lobbing them over the border at us, we would use whatever means to drive them back.
At least Biden is prepared to help.

Russians been using phosphorous and other banned munitions since day 1, so why can't Ukraine fight fire with fire.
It's not a game of cricket where we have to 'win the right way'!

A Mancunian now living in Sweden as the mods can confirm should you wish.

There is no realistic prospect of large US packages in 2024 with campaigning well underway and support for Ukraine unfortunately being a contentious issue, which means that Ukraine needed/need to be making significant headway now, especially with the window for progress going to close in 10-12 weeks.

Ukraine has the benefit of an impressive western technological advantage and has now been given even stronger weapons but they’re still ultimately in a close to stalemate position since the counteroffensive started.

We all desperately want Ukraine to win this war and put Russia back in their place long term, but equally the reality is that Ukraine needed to be deep into Crimea by now and every day that passes is another day closer to having to negotiate a ceasefire.

Supporting Ukraine is clearly the right thing to do, I just don’t really see the point in circlejerking about limited gains and ignoring the reality that this is the second time already in the Ukrainian offensive that the US has openly stated it’s not going well.
Disagree on several points.
1. Support for Ukraine will not be a contentious issue in the US election. The vast majority of republicans agree with supporting Ukraine, only the MAGA cult dissent.
2. You should not assume that Ukraine’s current objective is to gain territory. The degradation of Russia’s ability to sustain the occupation is the key.
3. US statements are not necessarily what they believe; they could, for example, be propaganda or to justify increased spend on support.

Disagree on several points.
1. Support for Ukraine will not be a contentious issue in the US election. The vast majority of republicans agree with supporting Ukraine, only the MAGA cult dissent.
2. You should not assume that Ukraine’s current objective is to gain territory. The degradation of Russia’s ability to sustain the occupation is the key.
3. US statements are not necessarily what they believe; they could, for example, be propaganda or to justify increased spend on support.
Also, even if US support wavers, the rest of NATO will need to step up. This is an existential battle for our way of life which we have no choice but to see through.

There is no point negotiating with the nonce ****. None. The sooner people get this is their heads, the better.

Why are NATO expecting Ukraine to fight with one hand behind their back, the Russians are killing Ukraine soldiers every day with cluster bombs it shouldn’t divide NATO for Ukraine to use them back?
Sunak says we don’t approve of them but I like to think if Wales were lobbing them over the border at us, we would use whatever means to drive them back.
At least Biden is prepared to help.

You’ve got to keep your eye on them sneaky Welsh bastards

Last edited:
There is no realistic prospect of large US packages in 2024 with campaigning well underway and support for Ukraine unfortunately being a contentious issue, which means that Ukraine needed/need to be making significant headway now, especially with the window for progress going to close in 10-12 weeks.

Ukraine has the benefit of an impressive western technological advantage and has now been given even stronger weapons but they’re still ultimately in a close to stalemate position since the counteroffensive started.

We all desperately want Ukraine to win this war and put Russia back in their place long term, but equally the reality is that Ukraine needed to be deep into Crimea by now and every day that passes is another day closer to having to negotiate a ceasefire.

Supporting Ukraine is clearly the right thing to do, I just don’t really see the point in circlejerking about limited gains and ignoring the reality that this is the second time already in the Ukrainian offensive that the US has openly stated it’s not going well.
I hope before end September Ukraine is able to cut off all russian road and rail supply lines towards Crimea, i.e. South Ukraine north of Asov Sea, and of course the Kerch bridge should fall before winter time.

Crimea will take months anyway, and isolating and degrading them during winter would be quite time efficient - even if "the window of progress" has closed.

That's what I hope. No idea how realistic.

Minister of Defense Oleksii Reznikov told how Ukraine will use US cluster munitions:
- ammunition will not be used on the territory of the russian federation - only for the de-occupation of internationally recognized Ukrainian territories;
- ammunition will be used only in places of concentration of the russian military;
- Ukraine will keep strict records of the use of these weapons and the local areas where they will be used. After liberation, these areas will be prioritized for demining;
- Ukraine will report to its partners on the use of these munitions and their effectiveness.

You got to keep your eye on them sneaky Welsh bastards
Indeed Scotland might be more inclined to take up arms against us :) them bagpipes.

No one thought Russia would go on the offensive and invade after they annexed Crimea Ukraine being invaded by Russia I never dreamed this would happen in Europe again. That’s why I want to see us give them what they need to prevent more death in the long days ahead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.