Russian invasion of Ukraine

I hope you are right. But for me the omens are not good. Most battles are won by swift advances. This is a war of attrition where gains are small and slow which allows the defender to easily reinforce any attacks.
Would you rather they just rushed into minfields and were all killed ?

That's why people keep saying "preparing the ground", so it will look slow, they're also taking out command positions, and ammunition well away from the frontline, an important approach to prevent resupply at the front.

Would you rather they just rushed into minfields and were all killed ?

That's why people keep saying "preparing the ground", so it will look slow, they're also taking out command positions, and ammunition well away from the frontline, an important approach to prevent resupply at the front.
No clearly not. But without air superiority and sufficient mine clearing equipment they are not going to be advancing at any quick rate. And a very slow rate of advance just allows the Russians to reinforce their defences. Wars just aren't won like this are they? I'm desperate for the Ukrainians to win, ive wanted the west to gove them everything they need and more. But clearly the Russians aren't the push overs many on here are making out. They arnt being routed and have not just turned tail and retreated on mass despite losing significant numbers.

No clearly not. But without air superiority and sufficient mine clearing equipment they are not going to be advancing at any quick rate. And a very slow rate of advance just allows the Russians to reinforce their defences. Wars just aren't won like this are they? I'm desperate for the Ukrainians to win, ive wanted the west to gove them everything they need and more. But clearly the Russians aren't the push overs many on here are making out. They arnt being routed and have not just turned tail and retreated on mass despite losing significant numbers.
That’s the spirit!

Although any gains are positive, the advance is very very slow. This war has become a war of attrition that I fear will go on for years.

It’s clear that this won’t go on for years though. Ukraine went into this offensive eyes wide open that this was a one-shot deal and Russia have set their stall out clearly that their tactic now is to simply wait out the Western support.

We all hope that Ukraine make an imminent big breakthrough and plow through Crimea, but as already said, unfortunately every day brings us closer to the negotiating table.

Why would the window for progress close in mid-September?

10-12 weeks brings us to end Sept, mid Oct when the rains will have started and the heavy machinery will start to struggle and with how heavily mined the area is, it would be suicidal to do anything other than dig in.

That’s the spirit!

I mean it’s possible to be optimistic but realistic and acknowledge that progress has been incredibly slow - albeit for a reason -and while we all back Ukraine, Russia hasn’t just given up as we hoped they might.

We all hope that Ukraine make an imminent big breakthrough and plow through Crimea, but as already said, unfortunately every day brings us closer to the negotiating table.

The only thing i feel the Ukraine should agree to is stopping at the Russian border...

Be it the transfer thread,matchday forum or the Ukraine thread,we have group of people who have a knee jerk reaction to anything if they don't get their desired outcome instantly.
This is not a game the Ukrainians are playing,this is about real life and it will take as long as it takes and they need their allies to remain steadfastly behind them.

I mean it’s possible to be optimistic but realistic and acknowledge that progress has been incredibly slow - albeit for a reason -and while we all back Ukraine, Russia hasn’t just given up as we hoped they might.
With only a small amount of information made available and with lots not being made public, where do you get the background information to be realistic?

Seems there’s some on here that will take a pessimistic view if we go more than two days without being told about a major Ukrainian victory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.