Russian invasion of Ukraine

Does that mean that Gasprom are still operating in the region? I know there are a lot of natural resources but you’d have thought that’d stop while the invasion was going on, or is this the main reason it happened in the first place, to protect what they had already stolen.

Gazprom have realised on top of being an energy provider that they can set up their own private army and be in the business of killing people.

Does that mean that Gasprom are still operating in the region? I know there are a lot of natural resources but you’d have thought that’d stop while the invasion was going on, or is this the main reason it happened in the first place, to protect what they had already stolen.
I dunno about protecting what has already been stolen but there is a really informative podcast from BBC Radio 4 called "The Scramble For Rare Earths" episode 5 " The Great New Game" is specifically about Ukraine. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/series/m001cdr7?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Gazprom have realised on top of being an energy provider that they can set up their own private army and be in the business of killing people.
Very strange, if true. Just assumed they would be doing it to protect their assets and, if so, would mean that this was nothing more than Russia controlling huge pockets of natural resources.

And who would they sell those resources to … China?

All about the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.