Russian invasion of Ukraine

Because various members of the Republican fringe have told them that the Ukrainian government is in cahoots with Biden and the Dems so, with the dog-whistle 'owning the libs' and on the basis that 'my enemy's enemy must be my friend', they fall in behind Russia. Thus completely blinding themselves to the shit that Putin is doing, ignoring any evidence to the contrary as 'the MSM telling us lies' in the same way that they won't belive anything bad about Trump despite all the evidence out there.

It's so polarised over there - politics is broken in the US. It's not that brilliant here either but thankfully not as bad as there.
The inability to treat two political situations as mutually exclusive is such a sure fire sign of mental weakness. It’s astonishing and troubling how easily manipulated people are by social media when it should now be obvious to anyone what Putin is. Great swathes of the US population have completely lost the ability to engage in objective thought.

Because various members of the Republican fringe have told them that the Ukrainian government is in cahoots with Biden and the Dems so, with the dog-whistle 'owning the libs' and on the basis that 'my enemy's enemy must be my friend', they fall in behind Russia. Thus completely blinding themselves to the shit that Putin is doing, ignoring any evidence to the contrary as 'the MSM telling us lies' in the same way that they won't belive anything bad about Trump despite all the evidence out there.

It's so polarised over there - politics is broken in the US. It's not that brilliant here either but thankfully not as bad as there.
The Maga cult are bonkers. What worries me is the thought that their tactics and beliefs find their way over here. Some signs:

1. Dorries wants an enquiry into why she did not get an honour. She seems to believe in the deep state.
2. The Home Secretary!
3. Brexiteer MPs seem to think there is a conspiracy. What and by whom, they don’t say.
Very early days but we need to keep an eye out.
NOTE: Maga is no longer a fringe, it has engulfed the GOP.

The Maga cult are bonkers. What worries me is the thought that their tactics and beliefs find their way over here. Some signs:

1. Dorries wants an enquiry into why she did not get an honour. She seems to believe in the deep state.
2. The Home Secretary!
3. Brexiteer MPs seem to think there is a conspiracy. What and by whom, they don’t say.
Very early days but we need to keep an eye out.
NOTE: Maga is no longer a fringe, it has engulfed the GOP.
Not a majority of the Republican Party by any means yet thank goodness.

Jordan's old 200+ Chieftain tanks are being brought back to the UK .
I think the UK is buying them back refurbishing them snd giving them to Ukraine...

Stick some reactive block armour on it replace the shite Leyland diesel engine and tt will outclass T-72 and below probably the T-80 too.

Last edited:
The inability to treat two political situations as mutually exclusive is such a sure fire sign of mental weakness. It’s astonishing and troubling how easily manipulated people are by social media when it should now be obvious to anyone what Putin is. Great swathes of the US population have completely lost the ability to engage in objective thought.
They never had that ability. What’s changed is that there are now malign groups who have learnt how to exploit the votes of these simple minded people for their own ends.

Not just the right either. The progressive left can be just as bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.