Russian invasion of Ukraine

This long awaited offensive is making little progress and I would suggest Ukrainian casualties are high. The Russians are obviously in strong defensive positions and this war is looking like a long drawn out stalemate.
How could a war against russia be quickly won when NATO for reasons of deescalation (that's the opposite of what putin the fucker calls out to be the reason for this war) can only support with hands tight on their back?

Would you prefer a higher speed of attack only to see a higher number of casualties?

Ukraine is suffering from the russian idiot since 9 fucking bloody years and they are wise to use time as an advantage to strangle russian logistics in south Ukraine and Crimea, which will be indefensible over time. russians know it and therefore try to stretch Ukrainian units to Kupjansk/Charkiv.

It's painful to see and breaks my heart how Ukrainian people fight for the freedom of their home country in every single village and it's good to see you feel the same empathic pain.

This long awaited offensive is making little progress and I would suggest Ukrainian casualties are high. The Russians are obviously in strong defensive positions and this war is looking like a long drawn out stalemate.

Its long on recored that military analysts are saying this is the 1st of many offensives. this is going to take years. this was on the record long before any offensive started.

The problem is the Media has set up an unrealistic view of what was going to happen. this was never going to be a walk in the park.

That being said. the Ukrainians are taking back more land that Russia took, quicker than Russia took it and are removing more Russian pieces from the board than they are losing. Especially in terms of artillery.

Its long on recored that military analysts are saying this is the 1st of many offensives. this is going to take years. this was on the record long before any offensive started.

The problem is the Media has set up an unrealistic view of what was going to happen. this was never going to be a walk in the park.

That being said. the Ukrainians are taking back more land that Russia took, quicker than Russia took it and are removing more Russian pieces from the board than they are losing. Especially in terms of artillery.
I think some in the media and others have been conditioned to 'Desert storm' type land offensives, which is just not going to happen in Ukraine occupied terrotories.

No command of the skies, no free ranging anti-vehicular aircraft, mines everywhere, defensives better than a tank sticking up like a sore thumb in a desert, and generally facing an armed force that doesn't completely run at the 1st sign of firing.

I don't think any of us on here are qualified to say how much progress is being made, and I don't think anyone, anywhere can know how likely a long drawn out stalemate is.

Clearly, the Ukranians believe they can make very significant progress on the battlefield, otherwise they'd negotiate now. Equally, the Russians believe they can force the stalemate you envisage.

I've no insight into which is more likely, but I would say that Russian capabilities have been consistently overestimated throughout this conflict, and also that logistics have been more important than immediate gains on the ground.

We will see.

Wagner have set up camp at Tsel,Belarus.
About 80km Southeast of Minsk and 200km North of the Ukrainian border.

Slava Ukraini.
Seems to me that NATO should be doing a bit of sabre rattling on the border between Belarus with Lithuania and Poland.

I don't think any of us on here are qualified to say how much progress is being made, and I don't think anyone, anywhere can know how likely a long drawn out stalemate is.

Clearly, the Ukranians believe they can make very significant progress on the battlefield, otherwise they'd negotiate now. Equally, the Russians believe they can force the stalemate you envisage.

I've no insight into which is more likely, but I would say that Russian capabilities have been consistently overestimated throughout this conflict, and also that logistics have been more important than immediate gains on the ground.

We will see.
Yes, far too early to make predictions from what are essentially shaping moves. Russian artillery must be reduced first and supply lines degraded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.