Russian invasion of Ukraine

Interesting series of tweets.

The Russians are adapting but the Ukrainians are too. And Ukrainian counter battery fire is causing havoc in RUssian rear areas

Interesting direction for a counter seeing as there’s a major build up of Russian forces there. Feels like a way to tie them up for a while.

Indeed, there is an exhaustive list. I just used the latest .
I think the breach of that particular agreement is the most egregious because of what was promised and what Ukriane gave up in return.

If Russia can’t be trusted to abide by that, they simply can’t be trusted to abide by anything.

He presents far better than any other person I have previously seen advocate for a negotiated settlement, but I’m not sure his assumption that the Ukrainians have thrown everything at the counteroffensive is correct, and nor was his placement of any weight on Ukraine not being admitted to NATO - which is logistically impossible for lots of reasons.

However, overarching all that, which he conspicuously he fails to address in relation to entering into any form of negotiation with Putin, is that, like Hitler, he simply cannot be trusted to keep to any agreement that is reached - because he absolutely won’t.
In international politics, particularly with corrupt dictatorships trust isn’t even a valued word. It is about aligning interests and power brokering, in other words weaken Putin then negotiate from a position of strength, the alternative is almost annihilation followed by an unconditional surrender and nobody wants that. Looking back at Russian history rulers that fail tend to be removed anyway, hopefully such a move will be positive,

However this ends there will be a negotiation and more than likely it will be messy.

I couldn't care less who he is , you can't make deals with Putin , just look at the latest grain one
What happens if Ukraine are unable to expel the Russians from all their pre-2014 territory? Perpetual war? I don’t like it anymore than you do. Hopefully those brave fighters will prevail in the defence of their homeland.

What happens if Ukraine are unable to expel the Russians from all their pre-2014 territory? Perpetual war? I don’t like it anymore than you do. Hopefully those brave fighters will prevail in the defence of their homeland.
What happens when u make a deal and reneges ? He simply can't be trusted

In international politics, particularly with corrupt dictatorships trust isn’t even a valued word. It is about aligning interests and power brokering, in other words weaken Putin then negotiate from a position of strength, the alternative is almost annihilation followed by an unconditional surrender and nobody wants that. Looking back at Russian history rulers that fail tend to be removed anyway, hopefully such a move will be positive,

However this ends there will be a negotiation and more than likely it will be messy.
I accept much of what you say there, and of course there will be a negotiated settlement at some point, but that should not, and cannot be at this stage, as Putin isn’t sufficiently weakened and Russia cannot profit from its land grab, or be seen to.

And yes, an annihilation of Russia carries far more risk than potential benefits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.