Russian invasion of Ukraine

The interesting take away from that article is no one outside of the Kremlin seems to know what their objectives are since they went out to take a whole country in February 2022 and failed. Ukraine has managed to get back 50 percent of what the Russians took in land, Russia at the moment cannot win and wants to avoid a humiliating loss. This means the orcs have to plough on regardless as they have nothing they can frame as a victory to the Russian population when they are losing so many troops. Absolute madness.
Nobody inside the Kremlin seems to know what their objectives are now either, short of "take Kyiv in three days", which was 18 months ago.

Seems like they're ploughing more and more cannon fodder into it just for the sake of it with no real end game, which is just crazy.

Nobody inside the Kremlin seems to know what their objectives are now either, short of "take Kyiv in three days", which was 18 months ago.

Seems like they're ploughing more and more cannon fodder into it just for the sake of it with no real end game, which is just crazy.

I wonder if they are playing the long game until the presidential elections next year hoping there is a Republican win who won’t be as supportive to sending equipment. They have underestimated the response from the West and hopefully the resolve to see this through, Ukraine cannot be allowed to fall, the oligarchs surrounding Putin need to come to their senses and put a stop to this needless conflict. It sounds like there is a lot of discontent in their military which isn’t productive if you want to win a war.

I wonder if they are playing the long game until the presidential elections next year hoping there is a Republican win who won’t be as supportive to sending equipment. They have underestimated the response from the West and hopefully the resolve to see this through, Ukraine cannot be allowed to fall, the oligarchs surrounding Putin need to come to their senses and put a stop to this needless conflict. It sounds like there is a lot of discontent in their military which isn’t productive if you want to win a war.
It must be a consideration.

I said on here a year ago the US elections worry me a bit and was laughed at by some posters.

Trump has a virtually non-existent route to victory but it isn't impossible.

Shit is happening....SOUTH.

Slava Ukraini.

6ea8cp.jpg

Besides the fact that RuSSia has invaded a sovereign state and has occupied parts for almost a decade now, there is no option but for the Ukranians to carry on.
To allow anything else will just repeat what happened in the Donbas and then Crimea. They take some land and wait for the stalemate and for the world/west to get sympathy fatigue. For those in western countries to start getting the "look after our own" (America First) syndrome. Then they regroup, rebuild their forces and push again.
Without that big symbolic victory to allow Putin to puff out his chest and hold a parade there has to be a change in the support from the Oligarchs in order for anything to change from the Rissian side.
Ukraine slow and steady on the battlefield but also ramping up the pressure on the Oligarchs and the more affluent travelling Russian population has to happen.

I think the information put out by Heineken showed how tricky it is for some comapnies to extricate themselves from markets and then there is the issue with "westerners" who have relocated to Russia, but I wonder if it would take some sort of grand gesture from "the west/NATO countries to bring Russia to its senses. Unilateral withdrawal of diplomatic relations, withdraw all diplomatic staff, close Embassies and expel all russians (without permanent residence in a country). There is no way they would be able to spin that to the populations of Moscow/St Petersburg who I think are mostly insulated from what is going on.

Besides the fact that RuSSia has invaded a sovereign state and has occupied parts for almost a decade now, there is no option but for the Ukranians to carry on.
To allow anything else will just repeat what happened in the Donbas and then Crimea. They take some land and wait for the stalemate and for the world/west to get sympathy fatigue. For those in western countries to start getting the "look after our own" (America First) syndrome. Then they regroup, rebuild their forces and push again.
Without that big symbolic victory to allow Putin to puff out his chest and hold a parade there has to be a change in the support from the Oligarchs in order for anything to change from the Rissian side.
Ukraine slow and steady on the battlefield but also ramping up the pressure on the Oligarchs and the more affluent travelling Russian population has to happen.

I think the information put out by Heineken showed how tricky it is for some comapnies to extricate themselves from markets and then there is the issue with "westerners" who have relocated to Russia, but I wonder if it would take some sort of grand gesture from "the west/NATO countries to bring Russia to its senses. Unilateral withdrawal of diplomatic relations, withdraw all diplomatic staff, close Embassies and expel all russians (without permanent residence in a country). There is no way they would be able to spin that to the populations of Moscow/St Petersburg who I think are mostly insulated from what is going on.
This shit show has definitely exposed a big flaw in the UN veto system. Russia being on the security council has made a mockery of the whole thing.

They're a rogue dictatorship state with full veto power, it's insane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.