Russian invasion of Ukraine

Why are you busting yourself to make this a party political issue ?

Russian cash was everywhere, not just this country, it hasn't had much influence in the decisions made about supplying Ukraine this round. The rest of world stood off in 2014 instead of doing what they are now, not just the UK !
Wouldn't be great if at least one thread could be kept free from being dragged down the 'rabbit hole'

Many who come to this thread I am sure are like me and find it both a great source for information and discussion regarding the war in Ukraine along with a level of satisfaction that it is not littered with the same old political point scoring that bedevil so many threads.

This thread is in off-topic and not in the political sub-forum - would be great if politically obsessed posters could refrain from conflating matters and reducing the quality of the thread

Why would the training need to be done in English? odds are that one of the many training staff for the F16 would actually speak Ukrainian anyways? And with English being so prevalent in Ukraine anyways the numbers in the article dont add up. If English is spoken by 50% of Ukrainians as a 2nd language why would there be such a massive non English speaking level amongst fighter pilots? 8 being able to speak English and 20 not? Id suggest that with Pilots generally being higher educated that the prevalence of English would be far higher than not. Numbers just dont add up and hopefully its just either poor reporting from "un named sources" or a ploy to suggest planes wont be there in any large number soon and more arrive quicker than Russia expect.

The only reason for English to be needed is if there are tons of automated systems in english and cant be changed to speak/show Ukrainian.
not sure if its relevant ,but i'm sure every commercial pilot in the world has to speak english, maybe @chigagoblue would answer(im sure he is a pilot )

Wouldn't be great if at least one thread could be kept free from being dragged down the 'rabbit hole'

Many who come to this thread I am sure are like me and find it both a great source for information and discussion regarding the war in Ukraine along with a level of satisfaction that it is not littered with the same old political point scoring that bedevil so many threads.

This thread is in off-topic and not in the political sub-forum - would be great if politically obsessed posters could refrain from conflating matters and reducing the quality of the thread
Completely agree, especially when you’ve got absolutely nothing to bring to this thread, or politics.

Moving the Black Sea fleet south east away from Crimea Ukraine starting to worry them

Sloshing about in the Black Sea caused it to list :) you can demonstrate this with a tin of spaghetti and a cup of tea in the sink. :;)

haha, i just tried it, not a drop of tea was spilt :)

It’s all the fault of Brexit.

totally agree, i don't understand anyone who can choose a side in the uk, same shit different coloured rosette

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.