Russian invasion of Ukraine

Me an all, I’m 47 and never voted once, they’re all the same

"They're all the same" is what the very worst of them would like you to think.

On the various party political stuff vs Ukraine, I think there are valid points to be made (on more than one party) but it would be better to have a separate thread in the politics ghetto for those who want to debate it IMO.

All the major parties are very much aligned on what the right things to do now are.

Sofia 6 was killed and her mother seriously injured visiting a drama theatre her Dad is a serving soldier.
It wasn’t a drone exhibition the blame lies with the perpetrators Russia, you can’t keep little children locked up, for months

Chernihiv City Council did not approve or authorize the drone exhibition, which might have been the target of the Russian missile attack, its press service said in a statement on Telegram on Aug. 19.

"The exhibition, which took place today, Aug. 19, 2023, in the city, was not agreed with the Chernihiv City Council. No permits were granted," the Chernihiv City Council stated.

The exhibition’s co-organizer, Maria Berlinska, clarified in a post on her Facebook page that the exhibition was indeed agreed with the military-civilian administration, not the city council.

Read also: Why was Chernihiv city center so busy when a Russian rocket killed 7 and injured at least 90?

"This is not a business exhibition, it is a closed meeting of engineers, military, and volunteers on military technologies for the front," Berlinska said.

“I saw the official statement of the city council, and in fact we did not agree [to host the event] with them. We agreed on it with the Military Administration, as it should be. I don't give any comments to journalists, the official investigation comes first. I see that anonymous pro-Russian accounts have joined the effort to spread hatred and betrayal. It's a pity that there are some Ukrainian bloggers among them who are not even trying to understand the situation.”

Read also: Shocking video of devastating moment Russian rocket slammed into Chernihiv city center, killing 5 and injuring scores

She also said that the announcement of the event was posted publicly, but the location was not specified.

"The specific location was only announced to registered and verified participants a few hours before the event," Berlinska explained.

“All participant data was provided to the relevant authorities.”

As soon as the air raid alert was announced in the city, the event was stopped and the participants were told several times to take cover, she said.

"Unfortunately, some people went outside anyway," the volunteer wrote.

“Everyone who went to the shelter is safe. I personally went to the shelter a minute before the strike.”

That is from the organiser Kirkstall.

Turned my stomach seeing that poor boy in a puddle of blood after that missile attack by the russians.

I don't want to victim blame but Ukrainian government need to stop mass gatherings until they can guarantee the safety of their citizens. A drone exhibition would always be a target.
Don’t blame the victims they were in a drama theatre blame the Russians who did it

Don’t blame the victims they were in a drama theatre blame the Russians who did it

You're at war and someone announces a big drone exhibition in your city. The russians have zero morals and don't care who they kill, they're laughing at the picture of that little boy on Telegram the scumbags.

Maria Berlinska, a Ukrainian activist, posted on Facebook that there was a drone conference taking place at the drama theatre but that it had been stopped when an air raid siren sounded. The location of the event had only circulated to participants “a few hours” before the event started. Organisers were now co-operating with the SBU security service as part of their inquiries.

They're worried someone on the inside leaked this to the russians now.

I was thinking the same thing someone leaked where the event was being held and that may be why the little girl was there. Her father in the military invited, they will have to avoid wives and children in the future at anything in the military

Been many arrests in Ukraine for spying and corruption these past few months, suppose every major conflict has its fair share of that though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.