Russian invasion of Ukraine

Do we feel like we are hitting a turning point in the counter offensive, but hearing a lot more positive news of late regarding Ukraine's ability to break through the defence in the South.

I enjoy visiting this thread as it gives a lot of live updates that you don't get on the main news feeds, but it is frustrating that this continuous waste of life is ongoing.

Do we feel like we are any closer to Russian morale and willingness to fight dropping? Like what is their long term ambitions, it appears the plan was always to take Kyiv and install a Russian friendly government, well that feels as far away as ever, so what's the plan now. Just sit in and have a stalemate in the 20% that they've managed to control and keep losing equipment and soldiers in the thousands for this piece of land that they can't do anything with?

Professor Michael Clarke thinks the Ukrainian forces will be in Tokmak in "days" having broken through the 2 toughest layers of defences but points out Tokmak is a bit of an unknown in terms of defence levels and also points out the Russians have built a temporary damn on a river that they may well blow to flood the roads to slow the Ukrainians down.

Bbc telling us Ukraine is suffering huge losses but no mention of any Russians as much as breaking a fingernail

Professor Michael Clarke who does most of the expert assessments on sky news explaining how he receives lots of footage of the actual close combat , he saying a lot of it in the trench combat / Russian lines is absolutely horrific. I think most of us seen some of the footage and understand what he means. The Ukrainian troops beyond brave in a barbaric conflict. Nobody can ever resent the hatred the Ukrainian soldiers have for the Russians and Putin !
There is a sobering report on the BBC news page today about Ukrainian losses which everybody should read. Their bravery and resilience know no bounds.

no mention of any Russians as much as breaking a fingernail

That's not true, is it?

From the report

"
He told me: "We had two big [Russian attacks]. I think we were very successful, we found around 35 bodies. So I think basically we demolished one company."
Overall Russia's casualties are far greater, some 120,000 dead according to the latest US estimate"

Many on here seem to think only positive news should be reported.

After Ukrainian Forces entered Novoprokopivka,Zaporizhzhia Region,from the North,the Russians eventually pulled out of the village.
Unknown to the Russians,Ukrainian Forces also pulled back and artillery was set with a bit of a waiting game.
The Russians sent in an elite unit to "take back" the village.......Ukrainian artillery opened fire...now the elite unit sleeps........Ukraine now advancing.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.