Russian invasion of Ukraine

Russia is preparing for a forever war. The west is dithering. It really can't afford to.
Telegraph Article:
I'm not convinced even Russia can cope with a 'forever war' not at the current rate of attrition, they've now lost 1/3 of their artillary, similar percentages for tanks and IFVs too. It's not about troop numbers, it's about combat power and those numbers indicate the extent to which Russia has lost and is continuing to lose combat power whilst all the time Ukraine combat power has been strengthening. It is vital that the west dosen't lose nerve and continues it's support for Ukraine.

Some background.....
The request for an update on Sheikh Mansour follows an initial letter from the lawyers, Rhys Davies of Temple Garden Chambers and Ben Keith from 5 St Andrew’s Hill Chambers, on behalf of their client which was sent to Cleverly in September last year.

The foreign secretary can only designate a person if he has reasonable grounds to suspect that the individual is “an involved person” in the destabilisation of Ukraine. Involvement is defined as someone who is responsible for, engages in, provides support for, or promotes any policy or action which destabilises Ukraine or undermines or threatens its territorial integrity.

If Sheikh Mansour was designated as an individual subject to government sanctions, it would disqualify him as an owner under the Premier League’s updated rules on its owners’ and directors’ test which were published in March.

The new letter, sent to Cleverly on Thursday and seen by the PA news agency, states: “Sheikh Mansour is a particularly high-profile individual and as the owner of one of the United Kingdom’s most celebrated football clubs, is a person who ought to be subject to reasonable scrutiny by the UK Government.

“For the avoidance of doubt, we make no allegations as to any particular conduct of Sheikh Mansour. Nevertheless, in light of the wealth of evidence in the public domain tending to link Sheikh Mansour with the accommodation of wealthy Russians in the UAE, we respectfully suggest that there is a prima facie basis for the UK government to conduct an investigation.”

The client referenced ....."Lawyers acting on behalf of a Ukrainian activist – who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of reprisals from Russia"

Full article here

TBH, all the Gulf States have become havens for all kinds of rich crooks and rich arseholes.
There are two problems with this approach.
1. Mansour is not an owner or director of City.
2. Mansour is not a member of the UAE or AbuDhabi governments.
Additionally, no evidence is adduced which could make Mansour fall into the category the minister is said to use ie “an involved person.”

I expect that the “Ukrainian activist“ has his residence in Crosby.

Last edited:
There are two problems with this approach.
1. Mansour is not an owner of City.
2. Mansour is not a member of the UAE or AbuDhabi governments.
Additionally, no evidence is adduced which could make Mansour fall into the category the minister is said to use ie “an involved person.”

I expect that the “Ukrainian activist“ has his residence in Crosby.
Eh?
Sheikh Mansour is a Vice Presudent of tHe UAE.

Last edited:
If the Russians can strengthen their economy, they may indeed someday achieve parity with the cent.
The Russian income is shot to pieces and the official figures contain a huge leap in ‘non oil and gas’ revenue which is unexplained. I think it’s fake.

from what I am seeing I reckon that this war will end up like Russia going into Afghanistan. Even if Putin gets to declare a successful end to his mission Ukrainians will not give up. From IED's to the odd Russian soldier being taken out the death toll will never end and Russia will continue to suffer on the world stage financially and politically. Their assets will be eroded and high ranking and experienced soldiers will continue to be lost.
Then Putin will die and eyes will be off the ball as the infighting the political manouvrings and assassinations will begin and whoever wins will probably be so stripped of real power and military it would make sense to leave Ukraine and get your loyal forces around in in the Kremlin.

Mansour is not an owner of City, I would think?
City is a wholly owned subsidiary of CFG. Mansour owns more than 75% of CFG so he is listed in City’s accounts as a person of influence. But he has no ownership rights such as buying and selling shares in City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.