Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yes happy Cossack day to all Ukraine
Slava Ukraini!
Heroyam Slava!
I used to be enthralled by the dance they used to show on our TV the brown fur Cossack hat khaki uniform and sword, a long time since I seen it. A bit like this.

Some news.

Last edited:
Hope you’re right but if you remember at the beginning of this conflict Putin said something along the lines of, if anyone interferes they will see a retaliation that’s never been seen before. A Russian critic of Putin said he was ashamed to be Russian and Putin was waving the nuclear option like someone who’d flash the fob of a new car.

I’ve purposely not read this thread very often just like I avoid the news as it’s not good for my anxiety, I just dip in every few months hoping there’s going to be a solution. I appreciate you put “nonsense” and explained, I’ll probably come back to have a read next year.
Fair dos hammo...can see why you might not be on the thread as much.

If it helps, I'm just constantly seeing every one of these pathetic russian sabre rattlers threatening every kind of ambiguous hellshite 'the likes of which no-one will have ever seen' pretty much every week...but nothing but the same old wank tactics.

Once their bluff was called a few times, it just became like listening to the pissed up Walter Mitty knob on the night bus...

Nonsense. Russian propaganda. The day Putin negotiates in good faith is the day that Crewe win the PL.
Ukraine’s goal is limited to expelling the Russians from their territory and that is perfectly doable. The price is heavy but Ukraine will succeed.
At the risk of being a stuck record, it is doable with 2x requirements:

1. The packages need to keep coming regularly through 24 and they desperately need Biden to be re-elected with a strong Dem house
2. The price needs to get too high for Putin and the oligarchs. He has been giving away oil for 18 months to India and the UAE in exchange for chips and chemicals, has had the oligarchs strongly inline sacrificing their industrial empires to military production and has had an endless stream of poor, minorities to throw at Ukraine.

We have seen this year that the slog is extremely slow and painful, giving Russia time to restock (and plan more disastrous kamikaze’s) and inevitably progress will slow further over winter, buying yet more time to stockpile equipment and (poor quality) Korean ammo so it ultimately becomes a numbers game - knocking off enough, fast enough that Russia can’t sustain it.

The downside of a genocidal psycho with obscene funds to throw around is that they tend to be hard to batter into defeat!

At the risk of being a stuck record, it is doable with 2x requirements:

1. The packages need to keep coming regularly through 24 and they desperately need Biden to be re-elected with a strong Dem house
2. The price needs to get too high for Putin and the oligarchs. He has been giving away oil for 18 months to India and the UAE in exchange for chips and chemicals, has had the oligarchs strongly inline sacrificing their industrial empires to military production and has had an endless stream of poor, minorities to throw at Ukraine.

We have seen this year that the slog is extremely slow and painful, giving Russia time to restock (and plan more disastrous kamikaze’s) and inevitably progress will slow further over winter, buying yet more time to stockpile equipment and (poor quality) Korean ammo so it ultimately becomes a numbers game - knocking off enough, fast enough that Russia can’t sustain it.

The downside of a genocidal psycho with obscene funds to throw around is that they tend to be hard to batter into defeat!
One wonders just what is too high a price for Putin.

Well the world can live with the threat and blackmail of nuclear weapons but I’m not certain I want to be in that world, at some point we would have to fight and risk it as Ukraine are doing now.

Putin would be shot by his generals before the button is pushed, one man may be mad but he will know from the first time he threatened it we would be dusting off all our buttons
That’s political and not for this thread

I don’t blame them they can go home now or swap them for Ukraine pows

More Russian Stuff Blowing Up:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.