Russian invasion of Ukraine

The Chinese economy is in melt down mode, with a sea of unsustainable debt. Both their biggest developers are effectively bankrupt. Thus they are less likely to attack anybody.
It is and the everyday population are beginning to question the masters, that is not healthy and often leads to the said leaders looking for distractions.

It is and the everyday population are beginning to question the masters, that is not healthy and often leads to the said leaders looking for distractions.
That’s possible too, but I think that would be a step too far at the mo. They have an awful lot on their domestic plate.

That’s possible too, but I think that would be a step too far at the mo. They have an awful lot on their domestic plate.
I don't think for one minute they would invade, but with everything going on in the world it would probably be the ideal time to do it.

The Chinese economy is in melt down mode, with a sea of unsustainable debt. Both their biggest developers are effectively bankrupt. Thus they are less likely to attack anybody.

Dont they own a fair whack of the west's debt which effectively nullifies a fair chunk of there own? in 2017 they owned something like $5 trillion of other countries debt. depending on where you look China is something like 15 trillion ( from Al Jazeera )in debt so a 3rd is nullified really.

Not sure if that makes it more or less likely; there's a good case to be made that a main driver for Russia invading Ukraine was precisely to take domestic attention away from an economy crippled by corruption.

administrators,can I reply to these "Chinese economy melt down" posts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.