Russian invasion of Ukraine

This was from the other day

From "The Analyst":

HORLIVKA OFFENSIVE EXPLAINED

So why did Ukraine attack at Horlivka this past week or so?
We now have an explanation.
The Russian northern pincer attack on Avdivka is supplied from Horlivka while Donetsk supplies the southern and central part of the front.
Ukraine struck several areas inside Horlivka including a key bridge which forces the Russians to use roads far closer to the frontlines.
The Ukrainians attacked a wide range of targets destroying some 60 military vehicles using drones alone and the whole point, eventually, was to launch the attack on the high slag heaps - which they took quickly, forcing the reserves in Horlivka to engage them and not move into the northern pincer.
So it is as I suggested, a distraction, it’s an effective one, and it appears to be working. From a Ukrainian perspective they have cheaply and effectively stuck a pin in the Russian operations in the northern pincer and caused unexpected mayhem.
Sounds like a good thing to me!

Slava Ukraini

"FROM THE ANALYST"

UKRAINE SPRINGS A TRAP

The Russians having failed in the north to shift the balance decided as expected, that they would attempt to break the nearly ten year old contact line in front of the industrial plant in the central southeastern area of the Avdivka front.
Pounding the industrial area with artillery had reduced it to rubble over the last ten years and even more so since the war began in 2022.
Ukraine took a long hard look at its defences - automated machine gun positions in heavy fortifications are in multiple areas of the surrounding hills, along with trench lines in the old vineyards.
The forest to the north is fully controlled by Ukraine and is an area the Russians have assiduously avoided - they know it would be disastrous trying to get the Ukrainian forces out if it in a frontal attack.
Having then decided on taking the industrial zone they began their assault.
Heavy artillery pounded it again, the Ukrainians were however already gone, realising it was pointless sitting there being shelled and that the area was covered on three sides by their own forces. The Russians moved in, only to find the rubble they created provided no cover at all and there was nowhere to hide.
Ukrainian drones had spent much of the previous day isolating Russian artillery, suicide drones and HIMARS made scrap of them, cutting the Russians off from heavy artillery support, which they rely on when using primarily infantry.
The resulting death toll in the fire zone sent Russian casualties over the 1,000 level yet again. Most of the bodies were simply left behind as they withdrew.
While the area is now in the grey zone, Ukrainian control over the surrounding area makes it difficult for Russia to exploit it.
Another tough but successful day for Ukraine!

Slava Ukraini

How is it going to go now winter is here ? Isnt it harder to attack than defend ? Thought the ukranians would be further foward than now
I can't see your average russian grunt being given any decent cold weather gear, whereas I'd expect the Ukrainians to be far better equipped now. There's also the question of logistics in bad weather, which again Ukraine should have the upper hand in, with it being their turf.

I can't see your average russian grunt being given any decent cold weather gear, whereas I'd expect the Ukrainians to be far better equipped now. There's also the question of logistics in bad weather, which again Ukraine should have the upper hand in, with it being their turf.
NFCIs won’t bother Russia, they’ll be shot on the way back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.