Russian invasion of Ukraine

His regime nearly collapsed when Prigozhin and his rag tag Wagner group marched on Moscow last year. I suspect his grip on power isn't as great as you think.
It's a lot stronger than this time 72 hours ago, and if Trump wins in November we could be in for scary times in Europe.

If he doesn’t I think we still are. Just not quite as scary. Europe needs to buckle itself in.
Agreed, the Ukrainian situation is just the start, in fact you could say he has started a very clever plan, the west has thrown vast stocks of equipment and ammo to the Ukraine and despite heavy loses in man power, little or no gain has been seen for it.

Agreed, the Ukrainian situation is just the start, in fact you could say he has started a very clever plan, the west has thrown vast stocks of equipment and ammo to the Ukraine and despite heavy loses in man power, little or no gain has been seen for it.
I’d argue the other way. It’s massively depleted Russian military strength, and could arguably be said to be designed as such by NATO nations in order to avoid an escalation. Russia cannot be said to have profited out of this. Proof of the pudding will be in the eating, I guess, but either way there isn’t going to be a thawing for the foreseeable and conflict isn’t just fought on the battlefield anymore. Europe can expect hostility from Russia for an indefinite period and needs to adapt and respond to that.

I’d argue the other way. It’s massively depleted Russian military strength, and could arguably be said to be designed as such by NATO nations in order to avoid an escalation. Russia cannot be said to have profited out of this. Proof of the pudding will be in the eating, I guess, but either way there isn’t going to be a thawing for the foreseeable and conflict isn’t just fought on the battlefield anymore. Europe can expect hostility from Russia for an indefinite period and needs to adapt and respond to that.
"It’s massively depleted Russian military strength"

I hope your right on that but I have my doubts, and I fear for the Ukraine situation in the coming months, the Yanks sending support has peaked and the Euro nations are struggling economically to continue their support.

"It’s massively depleted Russian military strength"

I hope your right on that but I have my doubts, and I fear for the Ukraine situation in the coming months, the Yanks sending support has peaked and the Euro nations are struggling economically to continue their support.
They have sustained massive losses. I agree the current situation is very worrying though. Both things can be true at the same time.

What is happening at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant?
It seems to have dropped of the news radar etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.