Russian invasion of Ukraine

This whole thing reminds me a bit of the Korean War. In 1950, the communist forces had basically pushed the allied UN forces back, capturing vast swathes of territory until they became deadlocked in the south east of the peninsula. Then in September the UN planned a bold amphibious landing at Incheon which established a beachhead deep behind enemy lines. That caused the entire communist front to completely collapse and fall off, giving back pretty much all the territorial gains they’d made up to that point.

I hope that’s what happens here, it really sounds like the Russians are scrambling around behind their own lines and having to pull people from every front. And they still seem to be a long way from regaining any kind of control.

So what do we think Ukraines end game is in Kursk, they can’t possibly think they can push further can they? Surely they will be stretching themselves and supply lines or is it to really embarrass Putin then withdraw and attack elsewhere as Putin moved troops towards Kursk?
I think they want a more mobile war. They did well at the start of the conflict when the front line was fluid and they could attack convoys and then fade away into the mist. The past months Russia has been slowly grinding forward. They can do this because they don't care about losses. Ukraine can't match their losses for long.

They have attacked one convoy in Kursk already and I think we'll see more such attacks.

So what do we think Ukraines end game is in Kursk, they can’t possibly think they can push further can they? Surely they will be stretching themselves and supply lines or is it to really embarrass Putin then withdraw and attack elsewhere as Putin moved troops towards Kursk?
I've wondered for a wile why there is not more activity behind enemy lines. Many of the Ukrainian forces will speak fluent Russian. How hard would it be to fill a truck and a few cars full of soldiers and weapons and just head for Moscow. Russian internal security must be on its arse. So assuming they can get away from the border and a few dead traffic cops along the way, they would be at the gates of Moscow in days.

A couple of we'll planed strikes targeting Putins close supporters, maybe a rocket into the kremlin and it would all look very unstable for him.

When this incursion kicked off I thought that would be the perfect cover to start something like that.

This whole thing reminds me a bit of the Korean War. In 1950, the communist forces had basically pushed the allied UN forces back, capturing vast swathes of territory until they became deadlocked in the south east of the peninsula. Then in September the UN planned a bold amphibious landing at Incheon which established a beachhead deep behind enemy lines. That caused the entire communist front to completely collapse and fall off, giving back pretty much all the territorial gains they’d made up to that point.

I hope that’s what happens here, it really sounds like the Russians are scrambling around behind their own lines and having to pull people from every front. And they still seem to be a long way from regaining any kind of control.
Yeah. Agree. But unlike jungle warfare it's very difficult for Russia to move troops. Ukraine have them locked down hiding and whenever they try to move, day or night, they get hit.

So it's going to cause them trouble trying to pull back.

I've wondered for a wile why there is not more activity behind enemy lines. Many of the Ukrainian forces will speak fluent Russian. How hard would it be to fill a truck and a few cars full of soldiers and weapons and just head for Moscow. Russian internal security must be on its arse. So assuming they can get away from the border and a few dead traffic cops along the way, they would be at the gates of Moscow in days.

A couple of we'll planed strikes targeting Putins close supporters, maybe a rocket into the kremlin and it would all look very unstable for him.

When this incursion kicked off I thought that would be the perfect cover to start something like that.
That would be a suicide mission unfortunately but I get what you mean, let’s hope they maybe take some oligarchs out or their houses etc, then the tide could turn

That would be a suicide mission unfortunately but I get what you mean, let’s hope they maybe take some oligarchs out or their houses etc, then the tide could turn
Ukrainian forces are well behind Russian lines inside Russia.
They are well informed by Ukrainian Partisan.
"Some" Ukrainian Patisan actually serve in the Russian Army.
"Some" actually built the defence lines in Crimea.
Ukrainian authorities have all the info they need.

Slava Ukraini.

There is no need really....although it is under control from a Ukrainian perspective.
Putin will destroy Russia himself!

And is doing.

Slava Ukraini.

Hmm…

But the UN forces got too gung-ho and pushed the North Koreans back past the 38th parallel (the start point of the war), then past the Yalu river (iirc) which had been noted as a ‘red line’ by the Chinese… who then invaded/supported North Korea to push UN back to approx the 38th parallel, there then followed essentially stalemate which continues till today.

I support the tit-4-tat taking of territory by Ukraine, especially with the weakening of Russian lines elsewhere to shore up their defences in panic mode, and , if that is the plan, it seems to be working spectacularly.

It is clearly a large bargaining chip being gained, and it really does wake up the western Russians that the war really is happening on their doorstep and it’s not just going to be the far flung republics that will be providing cannon fodder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.