Russian invasion of Ukraine

L'gov is key...

Rumours about Kadarov and the Chechenes...

I think Cowardice is much more likely
(Occam's Razor and all that...)

I’d imagine the end goal with Kursk is to hold territory within Russia. They can use this as a bargaining chip to redeem territory the Russians have annexed?

I've wondered for a wile why there is not more activity behind enemy lines. Many of the Ukrainian forces will speak fluent Russian. How hard would it be to fill a truck and a few cars full of soldiers and weapons and just head for Moscow. Russian internal security must be on its arse. So assuming they can get away from the border and a few dead traffic cops along the way, they would be at the gates of Moscow in days.

A couple of we'll planed strikes targeting Putins close supporters, maybe a rocket into the kremlin and it would all look very unstable for him.

When this incursion kicked off I thought that would be the perfect cover to start something like that.
Napoleon and Hitler say hi.

I agree, but it's also to draw troops from other areas that Ukraine were struggling with.
And according to bloggers, Russia does draw troops to Kursk. Which is insanely good for Ukraine. The territory they are attacking has almost no strategic value and the distances into enemy territory are that big, that Russia probably could send no soldiers at all and the Ukrainians would have to stop anyways.

I am convinced that it's mainly a political move to put pressure on Putin and to raise the mood in the Ukrainian forces and civilians.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.